HP UX tutorial - HP UX

This is a discussion on HP UX tutorial - HP UX ; Hi, I'm sorry to post this question. I'm new with HP UX. I've been looking in the net for hours now and still I can't find it. Can anyone show me any good tutorials or 'IBM redbooks like' docs for ...

  1. HP UX tutorial

    Hi,

    I'm sorry to post this question. I'm new with HP UX. I've been looking
    in the net for hours now and still I can't find it.

    Can anyone show me any good tutorials or 'IBM redbooks like' docs for
    HP UX.

    Really appreciate any help.

    Thanks

  2. Re: HP UX tutorial

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 00:06:39 -0700, mr kay wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm sorry to post this question. I'm new with HP UX. I've been looking in
    > the net for hours now and still I can't find it.
    >
    > Can anyone show me any good tutorials or 'IBM redbooks like' docs for HP
    > UX.
    >
    > Really appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks

    My main handbook is

    UNIX Administration Handbook
    Evi Nemeth

    It is basically a general UNIX handbook, but as it goes through each
    section it hi-lights areas specific to HP or Sun.

  3. Re: HP UX tutorial

    check out http://docs.hp.com/

    if not, there are lots of great cookbooks on the itrc.hp.com

    http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/iv/n...tart%2FN1%7C16

    if the link doesn't work, go to http://itrc.hp.com/ then go to the
    "knowledge trees" then "HP-UX Software Recovery Handbook"

    Ramon

  4. Re: HP UX tutorial

    One of best tutorial (from HP) that I have seen on docs.hp.com (that helped
    me out a lot 4 years ago) is called "Managing Workgroups".

    Just do a search on docs.hp.com on that.

    vince
    "mr kay" wrote in message
    news:61039684.0506062306.3ec97876@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm sorry to post this question. I'm new with HP UX. I've been looking
    > in the net for hours now and still I can't find it.
    >
    > Can anyone show me any good tutorials or 'IBM redbooks like' docs for
    > HP UX.
    >
    > Really appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks

  5. Re: HP UX tutorial

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:40:08 -0400, "BB" wrote:

    >One of best tutorial (from HP) that I have seen on docs.hp.com (that helped
    >me out a lot 4 years ago) is called "Managing Workgroups".
    >
    >Just do a search on docs.hp.com on that.
    >
    >vince
    >"mr kay" wrote in message
    >news:61039684.0506062306.3ec97876@posting.google.c om...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm sorry to post this question. I'm new with HP UX. I've been looking
    >> in the net for hours now and still I can't find it.
    >>
    >> Can anyone show me any good tutorials or 'IBM redbooks like' docs for
    >> HP UX.
    >>
    >> Really appreciate any help.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Yes - "Managing System's and Work Groups" is a useful guide.

    Also as mentioned earlier, the ITRC knowledge Base is a good place to
    sift through.

    "Disk & File Management Tasks on HP-UX" (Prentice Hall ISBN
    0-13-518861-X) is a good one for understanding LVM.

    Happy Trails,
    Eric Stahl

+ Reply to Thread