Re: Device Serial Number - HP UX

This is a discussion on Re: Device Serial Number - HP UX ; On 1 Jun 2005 07:57:35 -0700, Weiduo.Deng@gmail.com wrote: > I tried but no clue how to get S/N within stm. Honestly stm is not user > friendly Here is an example to get the serial number of a disk using ...

  1. Re: Device Serial Number

    On 1 Jun 2005 07:57:35 -0700, Weiduo.Deng@gmail.com wrote:

    > I tried but no clue how to get S/N within stm. Honestly stm is not user
    > friendly

    Here is an example to get the serial number of a disk using cstm

    # cstm
    cstm> map
    cstm> sel dev 7
    cstm> info
    cstm> il
    trimmed...
    Product Id: ATLAS_V_36_SCA Vendor: QUANTUM
    Device Type: SCSI Disk Firmware Rev: 0230
    Device Qualifier: QUANTUMATLAS_V_36_SCA Logical Unit: 0
    Serial Number: 143109253785
    Capacity (M Byte): 35020.89
    Block Size: 512
    Max Block Address: 71722775