Ram card problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Ram card problem - Hewlett Packard ; I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday. Now whwn I turn on my HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data. has any idea how to solve that problem?...

  1. Ram card problem

    I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday. Now whwn I turn on my
    HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data. has any idea how to solve that
    problem?

  2. Re: Ram card problem

    Abrgeza wrote:

    >I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday. Now whwn I turn on my
    >HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data. has any idea how to solve that
    >problem?

    Replace battery and clean the connector at the RAM card.

    Olaf

  3. Re: Ram card problem

    On Nov 10, 2:26 pm, "Abrgeza" wrote:
    > I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday. Now whwn I turn on my
    > HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data. has any idea how to solve that
    > problem?

    type in the command PINIT

  4. Re: Ram card problem

    On Nov 10, 2:26 pm, "Abrgeza" wrote:
    > I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday. Now whwn I turn on my
    > HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data. has any idea how to solve that
    > problem?

    Sorry, I didn't read the SX part, MERGE should take care of that error
    message and merge the card with main memory. FREE will separate the
    card from main memory.

  5. Re: Ram card problem

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:26:30 -0600, Abrgeza wrote:

    > I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday.
    > Now when I turn on my HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data.
    > Any idea how to solve that problem?

    Store anything new, then purge it, e.g.

    :1:X 0 OVER STO PURGE

    This is similar to what the G-series does
    (once for each port number) during PINIT.

    If previous card data had been corrupted, it may be lost.

    If there's any chance that the card battery may be run down,
    it may be a good idea to first replace it, before doing the above.

    Card batteries should be replaced while card is plugged into calc
    and calc remains powered on during battery change, taking care
    to keep card firmly seated in calc slot while removing battery.

    [r->] [OFF]

  6. Re: Ram card problem

    John H Meyers wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:26:30 -0600, Abrgeza wrote:
    >
    >> I have 128 Kb RAM card, and it was ok until yesterday.
    >> Now when I turn on my HP 48 SX, it says: Invalid card data.
    >> Any idea how to solve that problem?

    > Store anything new, then purge it, e.g.
    >
    >> 1:X 0 OVER STO PURGE

    > This is similar to what the G-series does
    > (once for each port number) during PINIT.
    >
    > If previous card data had been corrupted, it may be lost.
    >
    > If there's any chance that the card battery may be run down,
    > it may be a good idea to first replace it, before doing the above.
    >
    > Card batteries should be replaced while card is plugged into calc
    > and calc remains powered on during battery change, taking care
    > to keep card firmly seated in calc slot while removing battery.
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    Thanks all of you. I missed my type of calculator, it is 48 GX (I had 48 SX
    before) ) but you helped me and now my ram card works again thanks to
    you.

+ Reply to Thread