Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard ; > > Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 23:05:02 -0500 > From: Brian Donaldson > Subject: Re: OT: So who won the election? > > I really think that some Southern fried redneck is going to assassinate > this new President ...

  1. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    > Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 23:05:02 -0500
    > From: Brian Donaldson
    > Subject: Re: OT: So who won the election?
    >
    > I really think that some Southern fried redneck is going to assassinate
    > this new President elect.
    >
    > If it is going to happen, hopefully it will happen before January 20,
    > thus preventing this dirtbag from causing any more trouble than he's
    > already caused.
    >
    > This latest election is proof positive that people in certain mid-West
    > and East coast States shouldn't be allowed to vote.....
    >

    > 'Nuff said....

    The Threat Statute US Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 41, Sec. 871

    "Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or
    for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter,
    paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take
    the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of
    the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other
    officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the
    United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully
    otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect,
    Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the
    office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fineda under this
    title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

    You know, if you were Muslim you would likely be receiving a visit from
    the Secret Service shortly. Who knows? You might be receiving one anyway.

    nuff said...

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

  2. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    Tell us how the weather at Gitmo is

    > I really think that some Southern fried redneck is going to
    > assassinate this new President elect.
    >
    > If it is going to happen, hopefully it will happen before January 20,
    > thus preventing this dirtbag from causing any more trouble than he's
    > already caused.
    >
    > This latest election is proof positive that people in certain mid-West

    > and East coast States shouldn't be allowed to vote.....
    >

    > 'Nuff said....

    The Threat Statute US Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 41, Sec. 871

    "Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or
    for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter,
    paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to
    take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the
    President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President
    or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of
    President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or
    knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the
    President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the
    order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect,
    shall be fineda under this title or imprisoned not more than five years,
    or both."

    You know, if you were Muslim you would likely be receiving a visit from
    the Secret Service shortly. Who knows? You might be receiving one
    anyway.

    nuff said...

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
    Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
    Canada L8E 3C3

  3. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    I see no threat, explicit or implied, in what Brian wrote.
    He merely stated what I think it fairly obvious. That Senator Obama is
    at increased risk of being a target because of his race.
    I feel 100% confident in assuming that the secret service is thinking
    the exact same thing. Stating such is not a threat.

    Brian made no such threat, and any interpretation of what he wrote as a
    threat is delusional.

    Terry W. Simpkins
    office: +1 757-766-4278
    terry.simpkins@meas-spec.com