Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard ; Well said, Jack. I'm seeing words on this List that offend me. You don't have to like Obama's politics, but he is an intelligent, educated, articulate human being who came from very modest roots and made something of himself. If ...

  1. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    Well said, Jack.

    I'm seeing words on this List that offend me. You don't have to like
    Obama's politics, but he is an intelligent, educated, articulate human
    being who came from very modest roots and made something of himself. If
    you don't respect that, then you live in the wrong country. And if you
    think that one person can annex and brainwash the United States of America,
    then you need to go study the constitution. When it comes down to it, the
    President doesn't do very much on his own, without the approval of alot of
    other people.

    Presidents don't grind up this country's citizenship, this citizenship
    grinds up its Presidents (as it should be).

    John Lee

    At 12:00 PM 11/6/08 -0800, Jack Connor wrote:
    >I suspect there are few (and probably none of our subscribers) that are
    >of a single bloodline.
    >
    >There were a few in the mountains outside of Bainbridge, OH where I grew
    >up; I often heard Dad's telling their boys "If she ain't good enough
    >for her own kin, she ain't good enough for us" ..and there seemed to be
    >a preponderance of albino and more than 5 digits per extremity...but
    >they we're pure blood, fer sure...

  2. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    Kudos back at ya, John.
    In terms of experiencing a childhood similar to mine, I would say Obama
    comes closer than any President we've had since Truman. I don't know all
    the Presidential backgrounds, but I think Obama may come closer to
    paralleling the epitome of the humble beginnings of Mr. Lincoln.
    Hopefully, 200 years from now, Obama will leave a similar legacy.

    jack

    I'm seeing words on this List that offend me. You don't have to like
    Obama's politics, but he is an intelligent, educated, articulate human
    being who came from very modest roots and made something of himself.
    If you don't respect that, then you live in the wrong country. And if