Re: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed - Hewlett Packard ; JP: Once you get your pc back again, you should install and use Mozilla's Firefox product. Much less buggy that Gate's buggy IE7... I use Firefox all the time and have had no problems with it at all (so far)... ...

  1. Re: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed

    JP:

    Once you get your pc back again, you should install and use Mozilla's
    Firefox product. Much less buggy that Gate's buggy IE7...

    I use Firefox all the time and have had no problems with it at all (so far)...

    Brian.

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:29:40 -0800, Penney, John wrote:

    >Gentle listers-
    >
    > Well, I have spent an entire day trying to get this GD thing fixed, and

    some time this AM I happened upon a product that seemed to help - it
    identified a 'Critical' threat, then asked for $40US...If I had half a brain
    I would have whipped out my Visa and paid it on the spot.

    > In any event I didn't and now, I HAVE NO IE7 working at all in regular

    mode. It will run in "SAFE" but it looks like I will have to rebuild this
    box tomorrow.

    > It's like the virus 'knows' I'm trying to fix it! DRAT! DOH!
    >
    > Best
    >
    > JP

  2. Re: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed

    Hear, hear...

    John Pitman

    Once you get your pc back again, you should install and use Mozilla's Firefox product. Much less buggy that Gate's buggy IE7...

    I use Firefox all the time and have had no problems with it at all (so far)....

    Brian.

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:29:40 -0800, Penney, John wrote:

    >Gentle listers-
    >
    > Well, I have spent an entire day trying to get this GD thing fixed,
    > and

    some time this AM I happened upon a product that seemed to help - it identified a 'Critical' threat, then asked for $40US...If I had half a brain I would have whipped out my Visa and paid it on the spot.

    > In any event I didn't and now, I HAVE NO IE7 working at all in
    > regular

    mode. It will run in "SAFE" but it looks like I will have to rebuild this box tomorrow.

    > It's like the virus 'knows' I'm trying to fix it! DRAT! DOH!
    >
    > Best
    >
    > JP

    CAUTION: This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify RYCO Hydraulics Pty. Ltd. immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of RYCO Hydraulics Pty. Ltd.

  3. Was: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed (Now: a Firefox convert)

    John, Brian, 3000-l:

    Will give this product a try, before, repeat, before doing a complete system reload....

    Thanks to all for their help!

    JP

    John Pitman wrote:
    Hear, hear...

    John Pitman

    Once you get your pc back again, you should install and use Mozilla's Firefox product. Much less buggy that Gate's buggy IE7...

    I use Firefox all the time and have had no problems with it at all (so far)...

    Brian.

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:29:40 -0800, Penney, John wrote:

    >Gentle listers-
    >
    > Well, I have spent an entire day trying to get this GD thing fixed,
    > and

    some time this AM I happened upon a product that seemed to help - it identified a 'Critical' threat, then asked for $40US...If I had half a brain I would have whipped out my Visa and paid it on the spot.

    > In any event I didn't and now, I HAVE NO IE7 working at all in
    > regular

    mode. It will run in "SAFE" but it looks like I will have to rebuild this box tomorrow.

    > It's like the virus 'knows' I'm trying to fix it! DRAT! DOH!
    >
    > Best
    >
    > JP

    CAUTION: This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify RYCO Hydraulics Pty. Ltd. immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of RYCO Hydraulics Pty. Ltd.

  4. Re: OT: TOTAL IE7 Hosed

    Brian Donaldson wrote:
    > I use Firefox all the time and have had no problems with it at all (so far)...

    I would heartily endorse Firefox with the plugins AdBlock Plus +
    FormFox + NoScript. NoScript is a bit annoying at first, but if you
    take care to permit script to those sites you trust, it remembers them,
    and you are only "warned" for any subsequent new locations.

    Honorable mention to Mcafee SiteAdvisor Plus, also available as a plugin
    to Firefox.

    Don't forget to disable javascript in your mail readers too (if it
    permits such nonsense).

    But as Adobe (Acrobat, Flash) and Apple (Quicktime) are adding
    javascript capabilities left and right, it's a losing battle.

    I don't have any "real" numbers handy, but javascript (and flash) are
    increasingly involved in delivering and/or obfuscating the evil
    delivered to unsuspecting victims.

    Jeff