Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT: So who won the election? - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Richard Neubauer: "I agree everyone has political fatigue!" It's only going to get worse, as the political activists that see a bigger government as a good thing take the reins of power and pursue their agenda. Say what you ...

  1. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    Quoting Richard Neubauer:

    "I agree everyone has political fatigue!"

    It's only going to get worse, as the political activists that see a bigger
    government as a good thing take the reins of power and pursue their agenda.

    Say what you want about George Bush and Richard Chaney - we've not had a
    terrorist attack inside the U.S. since 9-11-01. There are hundreds of things
    on which I strongly disagree with Bush - such as not controlling the free
    spending of Congress in the blindly stupid pursuit of trying to be the first
    President not to veto any legislation. Major, major stupid there....

    Bye bye George... the only thing I'll probably miss your administration on
    is national security.

  2. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    --- On Wed, 11/5/08, Matthew Perdue wrote:

    Bye bye George... the only thing I'll probably miss your administration on
    is national security.

    Yep Ole George is an expert in national security... that TSA makes me feel safer every day.

    Every day I don't travel.

    -Craig

  3. Re: OT: So who won the election?

    We the people of the United States of America won the election.

    We, you and I, all of us are the government. And to paraphrase Lincoln,
    "Government exist so that we can accomplish together that which we can not
    accomplish individually."

    And here is a radical comment:

    "As we peer into society's future, we -- you and I, and our government --
    must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease
    and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the
    material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their
    political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all
    generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow."

    "Down the long lane of the history yet to be written America knows that this
    world of ours, ever growing smaller, must avoid becoming a community of
    dreadful fear and hate, and be instead, a proud confederation of mutual
    trust and respect."

    Dwight David Eisenhower

    Only if Republicans listened to Republicans.

    mc