sys-rpl and clock - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on sys-rpl and clock - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I made a program in sys-rpl (on hp49g+). It does something like :: CLEARLCD ... Then we have some sys-rpl code here, using XYGROBDISP or DISPROW3 and so on... Then we have WaitForKey ; The problem is that the ...

  1. sys-rpl and clock

    Hello,

    I made a program in sys-rpl (on hp49g+). It does something like
    ::
    CLEARLCD
    ... Then we have some sys-rpl code here, using XYGROBDISP or
    DISPROW3 and so on...
    Then we have
    WaitForKey

    ;

    The problem is that the clock is on the screen during the WaitForKey.
    Is-it possible
    to switch-off the clock during my program and switch on after?

    Of course, saving the flag (40) at the beginning of the program,
    changint it,
    and then restoring it will work. Is there anything simple? (Sorry of
    the
    English grammar...)

    Just try
    "
    ::
    CLEARLCD
    "Hello World"
    DISPROW1
    WaitForKey (*)
    ;
    @
    "
    (*) I don't want the clock at this moment...

    Tanguy

  2. Re: sys-rpl and clock

    Hello,

    ::
    RECLAIMDISP ( clear and resize display )
    ClrDA1IsStat ( temporarily disable clock )
    "Hello World"
    DISPROW1
    WaitForKey
    ;
    @

    HTH,
    Andreas
    http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

  3. Re: sys-rpl and clock

    > With your program the menu is still on the screen, with
    > mine all the screen is empty (except "Hello World"). Is there other
    > differences?

    Probably, but please refer to the well know documentation with it as I
    do not know what you want to do exactly.

    The main difference is that CLEARLCD clears HARDBUFF where as
    RECLAIMDISP sets HARDBUFF back to its default parameters (blank
    screen, 131x80 or 131x64 pixels)

    To turn the menu on and off use TURNMENUON/TURNMENUOFF, for example.

    HTH,
    Andreas
    http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

  4. Re: sys-rpl and clock

    Andreas Möller wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > ::
    > RECLAIMDISP ( clear and resize display )
    > ClrDA1IsStat ( temporarily disable clock )
    > "Hello World"
    > DISPROW1
    > WaitForKey
    > ;
    > @
    >
    > HTH,
    > Andreas
    > http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

    Thanks! ClrDA1IsStat works perfectly.
    We can also do
    ::
    CLEARLCD
    ClrDA1IsStat ( temporarily disable clock )
    "Hello World"
    DISPROW1
    WaitForKey
    ;
    @
    With your program the menu is still on the screen, with
    mine all the screen is empty (except "Hello World"). Is there other
    differences?

+ Reply to Thread