What SD card? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on What SD card? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I am look for info about SD cards for the HP50g. For example: What SD cards work with the HP50g? What is the biggest SD card that works with the HP50g? What is the fastest SD card that works ...

  1. What SD card?

    Hi,

    I am look for info about SD cards for the HP50g.
    For example:

    What SD cards work with the HP50g?
    What is the biggest SD card that works with the HP50g?
    What is the fastest SD card that works with the HP50g?
    What SD card provides for the fastes turn-on time with the HP50g?

    And any other useful information that may help decide on the purchase
    of a SD card for the HP50g.

    I remember reading that some SD cards slow down the turn-on time of
    the HP50g, while others do not. I also remember reading someone
    saying that how the SD card is formated makes a difference in this.
    Not sure if this is still true or not, or if there are other factors
    or not...

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. Re: What SD card?

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:50:22 -0800 (PST), DanK
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am look for info about SD cards for the HP50g.
    >For example:
    >
    >What SD cards work with the HP50g?
    >What is the biggest SD card that works with the HP50g?
    >What is the fastest SD card that works with the HP50g?
    >What SD card provides for the fastes turn-on time with the HP50g?
    >
    >And any other useful information that may help decide on the purchase
    >of a SD card for the HP50g.
    >
    >I remember reading that some SD cards slow down the turn-on time of
    >the HP50g, while others do not. I also remember reading someone
    >saying that how the SD card is formated makes a difference in this.
    >Not sure if this is still true or not, or if there are other factors
    >or not...
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Dan

    SanDisk from 64MB to 2GB.

    Regards,
    Damir

  3. Re: What SD card?

    "Damir" wrote in message
    > SanDisk from 64MB to 2GB.

    I have a Nokia Communicator 9110 8MB MMC and it works, too!
    a ´32MB MMC and a 32MB SD also works

    Keep root small and use the smallest card, then it is fast

    a 512MB = ˝GB card or bigger uses FAT32,
    which can not be used for SD ROM upgrade.

    I suggest using small a SanDisk "leftover" from a digicamera or phone

  4. Re: What SD card?

    On Nov 4, 12:22*pm, "Veli-Pekka Nousiainen"
    wrote:
    > "Damir" wrote in message

    > > SanDisk from 64MB to 2GB.

    > I have a Nokia Communicator 9110 8MB MMC and it works, too!
    > a ´32MB MMC and a 32MB SD also works
    >
    > Keep root small and use the smallest card, then it is fast
    >
    > a 512MB = ˝GB card or bigger uses FAT32,
    > which can not be used for SD ROM upgrade.
    >
    > I suggest using small a SanDisk "leftover" from a digicamera or phone

    Just my 2˘, I have a 32MB Canon SD card that came with a camera that
    I'm using in one of my calculators, and have bought a SanDisk Ultra II
    1GB SD card that I'm using in my other calculator. I notice that turn
    on time is noticeably faster with the SanDisk card, and when accessing
    the File Manager and selecting 3:SD, the SanDisk card is MUCH faster
    than the Canon card even though the SanDisk has ~120MB of data on it
    while the Canon has ~24MB.

    Jacob

  5. Re: What SD card?

    > Just my 2˘, I have a 32MB Canon SD card that came with a camera that
    > I'm using in one of my calculators, and have bought a SanDisk Ultra II
    > 1GB SD card that I'm using in my other calculator. *I notice that turn
    > on time is noticeably faster with the SanDisk card, and when accessing
    > the File Manager and selecting 3:SD, the SanDisk card is MUCH faster
    > than the Canon card even though the SanDisk has ~120MB of data on it
    > while the Canon has ~24MB.

    True. The access time on SD cards will be noticeably faster using an
    ultra-II (or similar). Any faster card is useless as it won't improve
    the speed at all. For max speed, format the card using FAT with as
    large of clusters as you can. Anything bigger than 2GB will not be
    accessible.

    TW

  6. Re: What SD card?

    I use a 2GB Sandisk card formatted FAT16 in my 50g. While I won't say
    there's no turn-on speed difference with and without the card, the
    calculator is still ready by the time my finger moves from ON to
    whatever I want to press next. But then the card is nowhere near full.

  7. Re: What SD card?

    Um, what is the maximum size available with FAT16?

  8. Re: What SD card?

    2GB
    ˝GB, 1GB, 2GB will be auto-formatted to FAT32
    so you must "force" FAT1 formatting
    2GB does not show correctly in FILER, but works OK

    "DanK" wrote in message
    > Um, what is the maximum size available with FAT16?

+ Reply to Thread