Re: Malware, virus or whatever (IE) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Malware, virus or whatever (IE) - Hewlett Packard ; I have seen this on various systems with a varying degree of severity, none reaching a level of every 10 minutes though, running IE7. My own personal desktop has an issue with this about once a week. I have not ...

  1. Re: Malware, virus or whatever (IE)

    I have seen this on various systems with a varying degree of severity,
    none reaching a level of every 10 minutes though, running IE7. My own
    personal desktop has an issue with this about once a week.

    I have not yet found any external cause and have reached the conclusion
    that it is simply an IE7 bug that will hopefully be fixed in IE8.

    of
    > operation, just stops functioning - displays 'cannot display web page'
    > and nothing else happens. This has been going on for about 4 - 5
    > months. My Trend Micro Internet Security has been useless. Ditto HP

    (HP
    > Pavilion laptop), and there are no problems with my Linksys wireless
    > setup.
    >
    > Interestingly, if I am VPN'ing to a client then everything works

    fine
    > - even if I am not logged into my remote desktop.
    >
    > Aside from a complete backup and reload (running XP) - does anyone
    > have any ideas as to how to rid myself of this virus?
    >
    > Many thanks for the bandwidth!
    >
    > JP

  2. Re: Malware, virus or whatever (IE)

    Happens to me too.

    On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Chuck Ryan wrote:
    > I have seen this on various systems with a varying degree of severity,
    > none reaching a level of every 10 minutes though, running IE7. My own
    > personal desktop has an issue with this about once a week.
    >
    > I have not yet found any external cause and have reached the conclusion
    > that it is simply an IE7 bug that will hopefully be fixed in IE8.

    "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland

  3. Re: Malware, virus or whatever (IE)

    I used to have a similar problem on my home system when I booted into
    XP/Pro (default OS is Linux [Ubuntu]). Solved it by installing the
    Windows version of FireFox.

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst