On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:34:55 +0100, J drzej Dudkiewicz wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm trying to get some information about iLO settings from command line,
>but it seems that there is no way to do it without connecting to iLO
>directly, am I right? Is OS sitting on machine with iLO aware of it's
>presence? Can it talk with iLO directly? Does HP-UX provide any data
>about iLO?
>
>I read documentation and it seems that OS has no knowledge about iLO. Am
>I right? This would be bad news :/
>
>JD
>
>PS. Also, feel free to correct my English

I don't think you can access the iLO from any operating system command
line. Configuration and data collection would usually be done through the
iLO Web server.

An OS does not need to know that the iLO is present.

I don't know about HP-UX, but there are device drivers for Windows which
would allow some communication with the operating system.

Aidan Grey