Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix? - Hewlett Packard ; I want to write a simple little COBOL CGI program to run under Apache. This would *seem* to be a trivial task- however, confusion reigns. Obviously, DISPLAY's STDLST isn't attached the STDOUT used by Apache. I have tried using the ...

  1. Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    I want to write a simple little COBOL CGI program to run under Apache.
    This would *seem* to be a trivial task- however, confusion reigns.

    Obviously, DISPLAY's STDLST isn't attached the STDOUT used by Apache.

    I have tried using the PRINT intrinsic thinking that might be the
    right way to go, but it still appears to fail.
    Here's a small code sample, which is probably wrong, but hey...

    Program runs correctly from the command line, but will fail as a CGI
    program with a 500 error.

    Thanks in advice for any advice.

    -Paul

    11 01 PRINTMSG.
    12 05 MSG PIC X(80) VALUE SPACES.
    13 05 MSGSIZE PIC S9(4) VALUE -80 USAGE IS COMP.
    14 05 MSGCR PIC X VALUE %15.
    +2 PROCEDURE DIVISION.
    +3 START-PROGRAM.
    +4 MOVE 'CONTENT-TYPE: TEXT/HTML' TO MSG
    +5 CALL INTRINSIC "PRINT" USING MSG MSGSIZE MSGCR
    +6 MOVE '
    HELLO FROM COBOL CGI ON MPE/IX
    ' TO MSG
    +7 CALL INTRINSIC "PRINT" USING MSG MSGSIZE MSGCR
    +8

    :run hello.bin

    CONTENT-TYPE: TEXT/HTML

    HELLO FROM COBOL CGI ON MPE/IX

    END OF PROGRAM
    :

  2. Re: Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    Paul,

    there should be an example at the following web site...

    http://jazz.external.hp.com/papers/lang/cobcgi.html

    however, the Jazz system seems to be down at present :-(

    Oh, wait... it might still be in the Google cache...

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%....com+cobol+cgi

    and

    http://www.google.com/search?q=jazz....g%2Fcobcgi.txt

    Lars.

  3. Re: Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    Thanks Lars - you did this stuff 10 years ago? Pretty good. I'll
    study the example in the second link (thank Google!
    and see what I can make work. Nice bit of code there.

    -Paul

    On Nov 2, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Lars Appel wrote:

    > Paul,
    >
    > there should be an example at the following web site...
    >
    > http://jazz.external.hp.com/papers/lang/cobcgi.html
    >
    > however, the Jazz system seems to be down at present :-(
    >

    > Oh, wait... it might still be in the Google cache...
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=site%....com+cobol+cgi
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=jazz....g%2Fcobcgi.txt
    >
    > Lars.

  4. Re: Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    I think the plug has been pulled on Jazz.

    there should be an example at the following web site...

    http://jazz.external.hp.com/papers/lang/cobcgi.html

    however, the Jazz system seems to be down at present :-(

    Oh, wait... it might still be in the Google cache...

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%....com+cobol+cgi

    and

    http://www.google.com/search?q=jazz....g%2Fcobcgi.txt

    Lars.

  5. Re: Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    This is just HP letting us all know that we are still customers and at
    the top of the priority list. I miss Carly Fiorina.

    Thank god for HP. Hey maybe they are all republicans.

    On 11/3/08, Skeet, Nigel wrote:
    > I think the plug has been pulled on Jazz.

  6. Re: Simple CGI Script for MPE/ix?

    You can always check the "Way Back Machine"

    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...xternal.hp.com

    Try your favorite website as well......

    Thanks
    dp

    joseph dolliver
    Sent by: HP-3000 Systems Discussion
    11/03/2008 12:57 PM
    Please respond to
    joseph dolliver

    HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    cc

    On 11/3/08, Skeet, Nigel wrote:
    > I think the plug has been pulled on Jazz.

    The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential
    and protected from disclosure. This message is intended only for the
    designated recipient(s). It is subject to access, review and disclosure by
    the sender's Email System Administrator. If you have received this message
    in error, please advise by return e-mail so that our address records can
    be corrected and please delete immediately without reading, copying or
    forwarding to others. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
    distribution is prohibited.
    Thank you.