Easter Eggs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Easter Eggs - Hewlett Packard ; If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?...

  1. Easter Eggs

    If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

  2. Re: Easter Eggs

    In article
    <12d15e13-417a-41ff-8742-2b93074e2911@p58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    PremiumBlend wrote:

    > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    The HP48G has many easter eggs,
    Key ON D Then another letter A B C G H J M R S T V

  3. Re: Easter Eggs

    On 30 out, 15:47, Graham Kendall wrote:
    > In article
    > <12d15e13-417a-41ff-8742-2b93074e2...@p58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > *PremiumBlend wrote:
    > > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    > The HP48G has many easter eggs, *
    > Key *ON *D * *Then another letter A B C G H J M R S T V

    > The HP49G has some images:
    > Key [ON] & [F4 ] simultaneously, then one of the keys [ B ] [ C ] [ G] [ J] [ M ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ V ].

    PS: sorry for my english.

  4. Re: Easter Eggs

    On Oct 30, 12:32 pm, Valfisio wrote:
    > On 30 out, 15:47, Graham Kendall wrote:
    >
    > > In article
    > > <12d15e13-417a-41ff-8742-2b93074e2...@p58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

    > > PremiumBlend wrote:
    > > > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > > > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    > > The HP48G has many easter eggs,
    > > Key ON D Then another letter A B C G H J M R S T V
    > > The HP49G has some images:
    > > Key [ON] & [F4 ] simultaneously, then one of the keys [ B ] [ C ] [ G ] [ J] [ M ] [ R ] [ S ] [ T ] [ V ].

    > PS: sorry for my english.

    Are you sure you would call those Easter Eggs...???
    i think that they are Diagnostic Feedback Screens...???

  5. Re: Easter Eggs

    On 31 out, 09:05, TranslucentAmoebae wrote:

    > Are you sure you would call those Easter Eggs...???
    > i think that they are Diagnostic Feedback Screens...???

    In the 49G call Easter Eggs. But in the 48G, I donīt now.

    And 50G?.... If you type RULES in the HP 50G, you get a list of
    software engineers.
    But , Are there other Easter Eggs in the 50G?

  6. Re: Easter Eggs

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:40:30 -0500:

    > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    HP48[S/G][X/+]
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/faq/48faq-4.html#ss4.2

    HP49G/49G+/50G/48Gii
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/docs/faq/#ss5.7

    The "ACO" development team images mentioned in another section
    are only in the "boot loader" of the 49G,
    but others are in main ROM
    (49G,49G+,50G and 48Gii all use the same main ROM)

    [r->] [OFF]

  7. Re: Easter Eggs

    Oops, I think not in HP48S[X]
    (its life was short, and ROM was full?

    [r->] [OFF]

  8. Re: Easter Eggs

    On Oct 30, 8:40*am, PremiumBlend wrote:
    > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    On the 49G, you can play Tetris by pressing the following keys:
    (note: Assumption is that Flag 60 is Clear, so two presses of [ALPHA]
    is required for Alpha Lock)

    [EQW][ALPHA][ALPHA]MINEISBETTER[ALPHA][downarrow][SIMP] (SIMP is the
    softkey @ F6)

    The game should now begin. To navigate the shapes press:
    [4] to move Left
    [5] to Rotate shape
    [6] to move Right
    [2] to Drop shape
    [<] (i.e. Drop key) to Exit

  9. Re: Easter Eggs

    On Oct 31, 11:18*am, mk wrote:
    > On Oct 30, 8:40*am, PremiumBlend wrote:
    >
    > > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    > On the 49G, you can play Tetris by pressing the following keys:
    > (note: *Assumption is that Flag 60 is Clear, so two presses of [ALPHA]
    > is required for Alpha Lock)
    >
    > [EQW][ALPHA][ALPHA]MINEISBETTER[ALPHA][downarrow][SIMP] * (SIMP is the
    > softkey @ F6)
    >
    > The game should now begin. *To navigate the shapes press:
    > [4] to move Left
    > [5] to Rotate shape
    > [6] to move Right
    > [2] to Drop shape
    > [<] (i.e. Drop key) to Exit

    Seems to work on the 50G too, but runs slower.

  10. Re: Easter Eggs

    On Oct 30, 7:40*am, PremiumBlend wrote:
    > If I type RULES on my HP 48 or 49G+ I get a list of software engineers
    > for these particular calculators. Are there any other Easter Eggs?

    On most (if not all) of the 38, 39, and 40 g/gs models, type AMIGOS
    and see the names of the beta-testers.

    -Joe-

+ Reply to Thread