Presario memory - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Presario memory - Hewlett Packard ; I have a Presario model SR1210NX with 256KB of memory. I installed 1GB PC2700 but it won't reboot. A screen appears saying windows could not start and asking if I want to start in Safe mode, Normal or wan't to ...

  1. Presario memory

    I have a Presario model SR1210NX with 256KB of memory. I installed 1GB
    PC2700 but it won't reboot. A screen appears saying windows could not start
    and asking if I want to start in Safe mode, Normal or wan't to go back to
    the last working settings. It doesn't matter whick of the three I choose it
    goes back to this same screen again. BIOS recognizes the memory and I also
    tryed a diferent stick. I reinstall the old memory and it works OK.
    How can I fix this?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Presario memory

    "Alpha One" wrote in

    > I have a Presario model SR1210NX with 256KB of memory. I installed 1GB
    > PC2700 but it won't reboot. A screen appears saying windows could not
    > start and asking if I want to start in Safe mode, Normal or wan't to
    > three I choose it goes back to this same screen again. BIOS recognizes
    > the memory and I also tryed a diferent stick. I reinstall the old
    > memory and it works OK. How can I fix this?
    >
    > Thank you

    Is this the same model that you have?

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00245701
    &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=431081

    According to this, you can only have a maximum of 512MBs per slot.

  3. Re: Presario memory

    Thank you very much. Tha's the reason why it wouldn't work.
    Tony

    "ShadowTek" wrote in message
    news:Xns9B472AF2D248AShadowTekfakeemail@85.214.105 .209...
    > "Alpha One" wrote in
    >
    >> I have a Presario model SR1210NX with 256KB of memory. I installed 1GB
    >> PC2700 but it won't reboot. A screen appears saying windows could not
    >> start and asking if I want to start in Safe mode, Normal or wan't to
    >> three I choose it goes back to this same screen again. BIOS recognizes
    >> the memory and I also tryed a diferent stick. I reinstall the old
    >> memory and it works OK. How can I fix this?
    >>
    >> Thank you

    > Is this the same model that you have?
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00245701
    > &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=431081
    >
    > According to this, you can only have a maximum of 512MBs per slot.

+ Reply to Thread