WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD - Hewlett Packard ; I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD. BCCode 10000050 BCP1 E5AEE526 BCP2 00000000 BCP3 804ED957 BCP4 00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3 Product 256_1 I have checked this information on the Microsoft site ...

  1. WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.

    BCCode 10000050
    BCP1 E5AEE526
    BCP2 00000000
    BCP3 804ED957
    BCP4 00000001
    OSVer: 5_1_2600
    SP: 3
    Product 256_1

    I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.

    What else is new with blue screen information?

    Any ideas to stop this?

    Don

  2. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Without knowing what computer and if XP is the original OS, it is impossible
    to suggest anything.

    HH

    "Don Cole" wrote in message
    >I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >
    > BCCode 10000050
    > BCP1 E5AEE526
    > BCP2 00000000
    > BCP3 804ED957
    > BCP4 00000001
    > OSVer: 5_1_2600
    > SP: 3
    > Product 256_1
    >
    > I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >
    > What else is new with blue screen information?
    >
    > Any ideas to stop this?
    >
    > Don

  3. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Don Cole wrote:
    > I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >
    > BCCode 10000050
    > BCP1 E5AEE526
    > BCP2 00000000
    > BCP3 804ED957
    > BCP4 00000001
    > OSVer: 5_1_2600
    > SP: 3
    > Product 256_1
    >
    > I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >
    > What else is new with blue screen information?
    >
    > Any ideas to stop this?
    >
    > Don

    BSODs are Microsoft's way of saying: "We really don't know what in hell
    happened, but something went wrong. You can figure it out for yourself
    with the information we give you."

    Any stop code to decode with a Bill Gates super decoder ring?

    Odds are something has gone haywire with the hardware, with an outside
    chance that some Windows files are corrupted.

    Start by running hardware diagnostics on the memory and the hard drive.
    If you are unsure that the hardware is 100% operational, you could
    tilt at windmills for quite a while.

    Which model of HP system?

    .... Ben Myers

  4. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Ben,
    The poster e-mailed me with the following info:
    "The Computer is an HP Pavilion d4990y original OS Vista."
    Looks like the typical oops, I downgraded the OS before checking for issues.
    Possibly re-installing the chipset drivers might help?

    HH\

    "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    > Don Cole wrote:
    >> I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >>
    >> BCCode 10000050
    >> BCP1 E5AEE526
    >> BCP2 00000000
    >> BCP3 804ED957
    >> BCP4 00000001
    >> OSVer: 5_1_2600
    >> SP: 3
    >> Product 256_1
    >>
    >> I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >>
    >> What else is new with blue screen information?
    >>
    >> Any ideas to stop this?
    >>
    >> Don

    > BSODs are Microsoft's way of saying: "We really don't know what in hell
    > happened, but something went wrong. You can figure it out for yourself
    > with the information we give you."
    >
    > Any stop code to decode with a Bill Gates super decoder ring?
    >
    > Odds are something has gone haywire with the hardware, with an outside
    > chance that some Windows files are corrupted.
    >
    > Start by running hardware diagnostics on the memory and the hard drive. If
    > you are unsure that the hardware is 100% operational, you could tilt at
    > windmills for quite a while.
    >
    > Which model of HP system?
    >
    > ... Ben Myers

  5. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    I did re-install the chipset drivers when loading XP Pro.

    Don

    "HH" wrote in message
    news:mpWdnbUhqKRlCJTUnZ2dnUVZ_sPinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
    > Ben,
    > The poster e-mailed me with the following info:
    > "The Computer is an HP Pavilion d4990y original OS Vista."
    > Looks like the typical oops, I downgraded the OS before checking for
    > issues. Possibly re-installing the chipset drivers might help?
    >
    > HH\
    >

    > "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    >> Don Cole wrote:
    >>> I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >>>
    >>> BCCode 10000050
    >>> BCP1 E5AEE526
    >>> BCP2 00000000
    >>> BCP3 804ED957
    >>> BCP4 00000001
    >>> OSVer: 5_1_2600
    >>> SP: 3
    >>> Product 256_1
    >>>
    >>> I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >>>
    >>> What else is new with blue screen information?
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas to stop this?
    >>>
    >>> Don

    >> BSODs are Microsoft's way of saying: "We really don't know what in hell
    >> happened, but something went wrong. You can figure it out for yourself
    >> with the information we give you."
    >>
    >> Any stop code to decode with a Bill Gates super decoder ring?
    >>
    >> Odds are something has gone haywire with the hardware, with an outside
    >> chance that some Windows files are corrupted.
    >>
    >> Start by running hardware diagnostics on the memory and the hard drive.
    >> If you are unsure that the hardware is 100% operational, you could tilt
    >> at windmills for quite a while.
    >>
    >> Which model of HP system?
    >>
    >> ... Ben Myers

  6. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Did you find an XP set of drivers for that chipset to install instead
    instead of
    just installing the Vista set under XP?

    "Don Cole" wrote in message
    >I did re-install the chipset drivers when loading XP Pro.
    >
    > Don
    >
    > "HH" wrote in message
    > news:mpWdnbUhqKRlCJTUnZ2dnUVZ_sPinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
    >> Ben,
    >> The poster e-mailed me with the following info:
    >> "The Computer is an HP Pavilion d4990y original OS Vista."
    >> Looks like the typical oops, I downgraded the OS before checking for
    >> issues. Possibly re-installing the chipset drivers might help?
    >>
    >> HH\
    >>

    >> "Ben Myers" wrote in message

    >>> BSODs are Microsoft's way of saying: "We really don't know what in hell
    >>> happened, but something went wrong. You can figure it out for yourself
    >>> with the information we give you."
    >>>
    >>> Any stop code to decode with a Bill Gates super decoder ring?
    >>>
    >>> Odds are something has gone haywire with the hardware, with an outside
    >>> chance that some Windows files are corrupted.
    >>>
    >>> Start by running hardware diagnostics on the memory and the hard drive.
    >>> If you are unsure that the hardware is 100% operational, you could tilt
    >>> at windmills for quite a while.
    >>>
    >>> Which model of HP system?
    >>>
    >>> ... Ben Myers

  7. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Yes I did find a XP chipset to install.

    Everything worked fine for about a year.

    This started about the same time that SP3 came out but, I do
    not know if this has any connection.

    Don

    "Robert Miles" wrote in message
    news:8FpOk.55103$rD2.27559@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
    > Did you find an XP set of drivers for that chipset to install instead
    > instead of
    > just installing the Vista set under XP?
    >
    > "Don Cole" wrote in message
    >>I did re-install the chipset drivers when loading XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Don
    >>
    >> "HH" wrote in message
    >> news:mpWdnbUhqKRlCJTUnZ2dnUVZ_sPinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
    >>> Ben,
    >>> The poster e-mailed me with the following info:
    >>> "The Computer is an HP Pavilion d4990y original OS Vista."
    >>> Looks like the typical oops, I downgraded the OS before checking for
    >>> issues. Possibly re-installing the chipset drivers might help?
    >>>
    >>> HH\
    >>>

    >>> "Ben Myers" wrote in message

  8. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    Here is something that might be interesting to the group.

    I do use the comodo firewall.

    https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v...html;msg138173

    Thanks for all of your suggestions.

    Don

    "Robert Miles" wrote in message
    news:8FpOk.55103$rD2.27559@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
    > Did you find an XP set of drivers for that chipset to install instead
    > instead of
    > just installing the Vista set under XP?
    >
    > "Don Cole" wrote in message
    >>I did re-install the chipset drivers when loading XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Don
    >>
    >> "HH" wrote in message
    >> news:mpWdnbUhqKRlCJTUnZ2dnUVZ_sPinZ2d@metrocastcab levision.com...
    >>> Ben,
    >>> The poster e-mailed me with the following info:
    >>> "The Computer is an HP Pavilion d4990y original OS Vista."
    >>> Looks like the typical oops, I downgraded the OS before checking for
    >>> issues. Possibly re-installing the chipset drivers might help?
    >>>
    >>> HH\
    >>>

    >>> "Ben Myers" wrote in message

  9. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    On Oct 29, 10:01*am, "Don Cole" wrote:
    > I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >
    > BCCode 10000050
    > BCP1 * * *E5AEE526
    > BCP2 * * *00000000
    > BCP3 * * *804ED957
    > BCP4 * * *00000001
    > OSVer: * *5_1_2600
    > SP: * * * * *3
    > Product * 256_1
    >
    > I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >
    > What else is new with blue screen information?
    >
    > Any ideas to stop this?
    >
    > Don

    Hi Don,

    Help, the same thing is happening to me. I am writing to a cd - every
    time I take it out, I get the blue screen of death. I keep thinking
    I'm doing something wrong, so I go to the cd in my computer, right
    click, eject, the cd comes out and up comes the nasty blue screen and
    I'm thinking it's the end of the world. I have a Dell, purchased 4
    years ago and have not done anything unusual to it as far as I
    know ... am I damaging my computer??? I want to copy my cd, it's a
    portfolio I need to finish grad school, but I'm afraid to do anything
    else with it. How many of these can happen before my whole pc
    crashes???

    Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    Peggy

  10. Re: WinXP Pro SP3 Blue Screen when ejecting CD

    psisselman@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Oct 29, 10:01 am, "Don Cole" wrote:
    >> I had not notice this before SP3 but, I blue screen when ejecting a CD.
    >>
    >> BCCode 10000050
    >> BCP1 E5AEE526
    >> BCP2 00000000
    >> BCP3 804ED957
    >> BCP4 00000001
    >> OSVer: 5_1_2600
    >> SP: 3
    >> Product 256_1
    >>
    >> I have checked this information on the Microsoft site with NO JOY.
    >>
    >> What else is new with blue screen information?
    >>
    >> Any ideas to stop this?
    >>
    >> Don

    > Hi Don,
    >
    > Help, the same thing is happening to me. I am writing to a cd - every
    > time I take it out, I get the blue screen of death. I keep thinking
    > I'm doing something wrong, so I go to the cd in my computer, right
    > click, eject, the cd comes out and up comes the nasty blue screen and
    > I'm thinking it's the end of the world. I have a Dell, purchased 4
    > years ago and have not done anything unusual to it as far as I
    > know ... am I damaging my computer??? I want to copy my cd, it's a
    > portfolio I need to finish grad school, but I'm afraid to do anything
    > else with it. How many of these can happen before my whole pc
    > crashes???
    >
    > Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    >
    > Peggy

    These problems sound like your CD writing software/drivers are at fault.
    Clicking 'Eject' or pressing the drives eject button causes the CD to be
    'closed' so it can be read on other CD/DVD drives.
    Check to make sure your CD/DVD writing software/drivers are up to date.

    Jason

+ Reply to Thread