Procurve switch management software - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Procurve switch management software - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I need to monitor the traffic on several HP Procurve switches. I have downloaded and installed the procurve managment client software but it is looking for the 'HP Procurve network manager server'. Where can I get this? I have ...

  1. Procurve switch management software

    Hi,
    I need to monitor the traffic on several HP Procurve switches. I have
    downloaded and installed the procurve managment client software but it
    is looking for the 'HP Procurve network manager server'. Where can I
    get this? I have searched the web and HP site and can't find out where
    I can download/get a copy of the server component?

    I have looked on the Cd which came with the switches and can't find
    the server component anywhere?

    thanks for any help,
    Dave

  2. Re: Procurve switch management software

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:01:09 -0700 (PDT), davidb wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I need to monitor the traffic on several HP Procurve switches. I have
    >downloaded and installed the procurve managment client software but it
    >is looking for the 'HP Procurve network manager server'. Where can I
    >get this? I have searched the web and HP site and can't find out where
    >I can download/get a copy of the server component?
    >
    >I have looked on the Cd which came with the switches and can't find
    >the server component anywhere?
    >
    >thanks for any help,
    >Dave

    Dave:

    Perhaps it is looking for an HP OpenView server?

    Aidan Grey

  3. Re: Procurve switch management software

    davidb wrote:
    > I need to monitor the traffic on several HP Procurve switches. I
    > have downloaded and installed the procurve managment client software
    > but it is looking for the 'HP Procurve network manager
    > server'. Where can I get this? I have searched the web and HP site
    > and can't find out where I can download/get a copy of the server
    > component?

    I'm not sure the HP ProCurve types peruse this newsgroup with any
    great frequency, but they do tend to see things in the HP ITRC Forums:
    http://forums.itrc.hp.com/

    rick jones