From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Tracy
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 11:19 AM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: [HP3000-L] DTC Dropping

Our network guy changed a switch this morning that one of our DTCs is
on.

So now the Spooler for one of the ports is constantly dropping.

The only fix seems to reset the DTC, wait for the Mac Address download,
then do a Startspool on the LDEV.

Then it works for a while.

There are only two devices on this DTC, both printers.

The other printer doesn't have any traffic at this time.

So if it also has the problem, I wouldn't know.

The DTC is connected with a transceiver on the AUI port.

Or is there a port setting on the new switch I should tell my Network
guy to change?

Tracy Johnson
Business Analyst
Measurement Specialties, Inc.