it's not a 6.0 issue. it's an mpe issue.

remember that regular ol' mpe gives the impression of being
case-insensitive. this means that (for example) 'listf' is regarded the
same as 'LISTF'.

additionally, something-dot-something (when referring to files) will be
treated as file-dot-group by the operating system.

so in the case of "put image1.jpg image1.jpg" -- without taking any extra
steps -- ftp (by way of the file system) thinks you're saying "PUT
IMAGE1.JPG IMAGE1.JPG" where image1 is the file name and jpg is the group
name.

to get ftp's 'attention' (saying hey! this is a posix file) you need to
precede your file names with './' it also mean that whatever case you use
in your put suddenly becomes relevant.

check ftpdoc.arpa.sys to see if 'site posix' is supported. if it is, you
can use this option to tell ftp that posix transfers are the default.

finally, change your type to 'byte' (vs ascii) to get your files to land on
your mpe in the proper format (instead of fixed ascii). for most posix
files, you want to transfer files this way.

- donna

---
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.