Re: IOCONFIG question. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: IOCONFIG question. - Hewlett Packard ; I will second Lars' comment. Changes made in IOCONFIG are dynamic and become effected immediately upon exiting IOCONFIG. But, if your next reboot is a START RECOVERY, you wiil lose all the changes made since last START NORECOVERY. So, remember ...

  1. Re: IOCONFIG question.

    I will second Lars' comment.

    Changes made in IOCONFIG are dynamic and become effected immediately
    upon exiting IOCONFIG.

    But, if your next reboot is a START RECOVERY, you wiil lose all the changes
    made since last START NORECOVERY.

    So, remember to make your next START a NORECOVERY one.

    Also, you should create a new SLT. If you do it after your IOCONFIG changes,
    the changes WILL be reflected in your new SLT - even if you have not
    rebooted.

  2. Re: IOCONFIG question.

    --- On Fri, 10/24/08, Gilles Schipper wrote:

    > Changes made in IOCONFIG are dynamic and become effected
    > immediately upon exiting IOCONFIG.
    >
    > But, if your next reboot is a START RECOVERY, you wiil lose
    > all the changes made since last START NORECOVERY.

    I thought, I said that. If that's not what you read, then it isn't what I meant.

    Hope that clears things up. :-)

    -Craig