How do I compile a program ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on How do I compile a program ? - Hewlett Packard ; I have written a completed program on my HP50g and want to compile it such that the code cannot be read by anyone - how do I do this ?? thank you, Kevin Dallas, Texas...

  1. How do I compile a program ?

    I have written a completed program on my HP50g and want to compile it
    such that the code cannot be read by anyone - how do I do this ??

    thank you,
    Kevin
    Dallas, Texas

  2. Re: How do I compile a program ?

    DRILLER wrote:
    > I have written a completed program on my HP50g and want to compile it
    > such that the code cannot be read by anyone - how do I do this ??
    >
    > thank you,
    > Kevin
    > Dallas, Texas

    Kevin, Hello from Denton.

    One way to accomplish your goal is to write in C on your P.C. and cross
    compile for the HP50g. See Eagan's excellent article "Extend your 50g
    with C (HPGCC 2.0SP2)" at http://sense.net/~egan/hpgcc/

    In his article, Eagan provides complete step-by-step instructions with
    links to samples and the free HPGCC environment.

    C offers other advantages also, which Eagan discusses on the above web
    site.

    Paul

  3. Re: How do I compile a program ?

    DRILLER wrote:
    > I have written a completed program on my HP50g and want to compile it
    > such that the code cannot be read by anyone - how do I do this ??
    >
    > thank you,
    > Kevin
    > Dallas, Texas

    Kevin, Hello from Denton.

    One way to accomplish your goal is to write in C on your P.C. and cross
    compile for the HP50g. See Eagan's excellent article "Extend your 50g
    with C (HPGCC 2.0SP2)" at http://sense.net/~egan/hpgcc/

    In his article, Eagan provides complete step-by-step instructions with
    links to samples and the free HPGCC environment.

    C offers other advantages also, which Eagan discusses on the above web
    site.

    Paul

  4. Re: How do I compile a program ?

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:33:59 -0500. KKW of Texas wrote:

    > I have written a completed program on my HP50g and want to compile it
    > such that the code cannot be read by anyone - how do I do this ??

    "Compilation" (to a binary internal object) occurs,
    for a UserRPL program, as soon as you press ENTER after editing it,
    but of course every UserRPL binary object is also
    automatically "decompiled" again, to be re-displayed in readable form,
    making the entire automatic compilation/decompilation process
    so transparent that many users have no idea it even happens.

    It is impossible to really make something that can execute
    existing functions within the calculator (or even in "C"),
    yet which someone can not probe to see what you are executing,
    but you can disguise it a bit, so that it is opaque to casual view:

    "CODE" (hide inside a CODE object):

    For HP49G[+]/50G series, by Joe Horn:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3250
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/programming/misc/code.zip

    For original HP48S[X]/48G[X/+] series, by JKH & Richard Steventon:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=1867
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/programming/misc/code.zip

    [r->] [OFF]

  5. Re: How do I compile a program ?

    The "CODE" program hide inside a CODE object.
    But, is this reversible? Can I show my original code again?

  6. Re: How do I compile a program ?

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 07:43:16 -0500, Valfisio wrote:

    > The "CODE" program hide inside a CODE object.
    > But, is this reversible? Can I show my original code again?

    See the documentation (text file) which accompanies the program.

    Links to the programs may be found in:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....3f8028a8931dd5

    [r->] [OFF]

+ Reply to Thread