HP 50g simple programming, additonal info - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 50g simple programming, additonal info - Hewlett Packard ; I have a HP 50g calculator, just want to write some simple program, like input R, the program calculates the circle area; input L, H, W, then the program can calculate the surface area, etc. I read the user menu, ...

  1. HP 50g simple programming, additonal info

    I have a HP 50g calculator, just want to write some simple program,
    like input R, the program calculates the circle area; input L, H, W,
    then the program can calculate the surface area, etc. I read the user
    menu, but feel too complicated, before I had a HP 42s, the user menu
    showed the detailed programming steps, but it was broken. Who is
    familiar with 50g programming and can show me a couple of simple
    program, I would so appreciate.

    Additional info:
    Im just junior hp user.
    The purpose I write these programs is, sometimes I need to recall
    these programs using different input value but using same math
    formula, so I can save many times. When I used HP 42s and called the
    program, system would ask x?, I input x value, then ask y? , I
    input y value, then ask z? the pgm would be executed and got the
    answer. The HP 50g can do the same thing ? How it works ?

    Thanks a lot for these senior users responded for my previous post.

  2. Re: HP 50g simple programming, additonal info

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:06:04 -0500 (a nearly repeated post):

    > The purpose I write these programs is, sometimes I need to recall
    > these programs using different input value but using same math
    > formula, so I can save many times. When I used HP 42s and called the
    > program, system would ask ’x?’, I input x value, then ask ’y?’ , I
    > input y value, then ask ’z?’ …the pgm would be executed and got the
    > answer. The HP 50g can do the same thing ? How it works ?

    One previous answer showed how you can keep using "INPUT" commands,
    but you then have to write a complete program for every calculation.

    With the larger screen area and built-in numeric solvers, however,
    all these graphic calculators (48G/49G/50G)
    can take any equation as a starting point,
    display all the variables at once,
    using either "soft labels" (menu-based solver)
    or in a screen "form" (form-based solver),
    then let you enter values or calculate a result
    in any order that you wish.

    The solver needs no programming at all,
    exactly as you are asking,
    so I don't see why you don't give it a try,
    and see that it answers your wishes.

    You can store formulas, then use the numeric solver
    (either as a "menu" or as a "form") on any pre-stored formula;
    you can even use any "program" in place of a formula
    (e.g. \<< R SQ \pi * A - \>> ), and let the solver
    accept inputs for each variable (R or A),
    then calculate the other.

    To me, this seems far more flexible, as well as far less work,
    than any other means which require programming
    to get input values, one at a time, from a user,
    then more programming to display a result,
    plus more programming to compute any other variables in the same formula.

    Just as in the HP32S, HP42S, etc.,
    an automatic built-in interface exists for doing all of this,
    which is basically the same "solver" in every series,
    with a nicer user interface in 48G/49G/50G that takes more advantage
    of having the full screen to work with.

    Like the first swimming lesson, however,
    one does have to "just wade in" to get started

    [r->] [OFF]

+ Reply to Thread