OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th. - Hewlett Packard ; Just a note to inform you that the latest OpenMPE Board Meeting minutes are now on the website at http://www.openmpe.org/om_curr_mins.html . Cheers, John Dunlop * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html ...

  1. OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    Just a note to inform you that the latest OpenMPE Board Meeting minutes are
    now on the website at http://www.openmpe.org/om_curr_mins.html.

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

  2. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    John:

    Is there any way to more details of what transpired in these meetings.
    It great that things are resolved but what else is talked about ? I am
    not asking for what is covered under the confidential umbrella but
    surely there must be other items of discussion.

    Olav.

    John Dunlop wrote:

    > Just a note to inform you that the latest OpenMPE Board Meeting
    > minutes are now on the website at
    > http://www.openmpe.org/om_curr_mins.html.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > John Dunlop

  3. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    Olav,

    I'm afraid I can't tell you anything more.
    I only post the minutes.
    I suggest that Donna Hofmeister can give you a more definitive answer.

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

    John Dunlop wrote:

    > Just a note to inform you that the latest OpenMPE Board Meeting
    > minutes are now on the website at
    > http://www.openmpe.org/om_curr_mins.html.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > John Dunlop

  4. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    I suppose it would be safe to say we discussed appointing a replacement
    for Mr Ciesinski.

    And if you check out our By-Laws in Section 4, vacancies may be
    "appointed", meaning no election required.

    I would think it also means the iniative is on us to think of someone.

    Although I also think it wouldn't "hurt" if someone expressed interest.

    (OpenMPE membership is also a good idea.)

    Tracy Johnson
    Business Analyst
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.
    1000 Lucas Way
    Hampton, VA 23666
    Office 1-757-766-4318
    tracy.johnson@meas-spec.com
    www.meas-spec.com

  5. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    olav,

    do you have any specific questions? - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    408-252-2330

  6. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    Donna,

    Must 'everything' that happened during the executive sessions with HP be
    kept secret or would they allow you (OpenMPE) to say what 'areas' were
    talked about and how much time was spent on it? A feel of how much
    effort they (HP) were devoting and to which areas might give 'those of
    us in the dark' an idea of how serious they (HP) are in letting MPE go.

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst
    Group Information Systems & Technology
    Pinnacle Entertainment
    DDI: +44 (0)20 8309 3604

    > Is there any way to more details of what transpired in these meetings.
    > It great that things are resolved but what else is talked about ? I
    > am not asking for what is covered under the confidential umbrella but
    > surely there must be other items of discussion.
    >
    > Olav.
    >
    > John Dunlop wrote:
    >
    > > Just a note to inform you that the latest OpenMPE Board Meeting
    > > minutes are now on the website at
    > > http://www.openmpe.org/om_curr_mins.html.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > John Dunlop
    > >
    > > * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *
    > > * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

  7. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    Those are the rules we have to play by, unfortunately.

    I wish we were allowed to talk about what we're working on to be able to
    give y'all (I don't know if that word has a british translation ;-) a sense
    of what's being done and what progress is being made.

    I guess one might be able to say "hmmm...they're meeting with hp a lot...and
    maybe that means something is happening"?

    - d 'not liking to be obfucatory (which may not have an american
    translation ;-)'

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    408-252-2330

  8. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    Robert,

    In addition to what Donna said:

    Regarding the time, the conference calls take only about an hour every
    other or third week. And one of the members foots the call expense on
    his own dime (or tuppence.)

    And since there is a vacancy, there will be a new opportunity for
    someone new to take part once they're appointed.

    Tracy Johnson
    Business Analyst
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.
    1000 Lucas Way
    Hampton, VA 23666
    Office 1-757-766-4318
    tracy.johnson@meas-spec.com
    www.meas-spec.com

  9. Re: OpenMPE Minutes for October 9th.

    in addition to what tracy said,

    that whole 'new opportunity for someone' statement is a big hint :-)

    contact me privately if you figure it out... - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    408-252-2330