    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Brice Yokem
    Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:37 PM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] OT:OIL?

    No comments from anyone on the price of oil?

  3. Re: OT:OIL?

    I'm hearing that demand is down significantly, and I wouldn't be surprised
    if supplies are high. At $140/bbl, I think Russia and Venezuela were
    pumping alot of oil. There was a story in the NYT this week about how
    those 2 countries' grandiose spending plans have had to be scaled back
    because oil revenues have suddenly decreased significantly.

    John Lee

    At 02:44 PM 10/21/08 -0700, Kent Wallace wrote:
    >Good point Brice.
    >
    >No one is blaming Bush for low oil prices. I understand that several
    >projects to convert coal to crude were started in the US when gas prices
    >were high. I know of the working plant in Montana. With pries falling
    >will those new projects get scraped?
    >
    >Are we going to drill off the US coasts?
    >
    >What I hearing is that the high prices were caused by speculators.
    >

    >Kent Wallace - Business Intelligence Developer
    >Healthcare Management Administrators Inc
    >Phone - 425-289-5267

  4. Re: OT:OIL?

    Best I can say is, I really enjoyed getting half a tank for $20.
    That hasn't happened for a long time. Now, mind you, everybody from
    CIO's down to mail room kids are getting laid-off, but at least we'll
    be able to travel about the country looking for work cheaper.