A/R - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on A/R - Hewlett Packard ; What I would like, if it existed, is an open items A/R application written in Cobol/Vplus/Image that I could integrate with a home-grown set of applications that is missing an A/R application. All of this to run on an HP. ...

  1. A/R

    What I would like, if it existed, is an open items A/R
    application written in Cobol/Vplus/Image that I could
    integrate with a home-grown set of applications that
    is missing an A/R application. All of this to run on an HP.

    What I don't want is an off the shelf suite of applications.

    Dreaming, I guess.

    Tom Hula
    Victor S. Barnes Company
    616-447-6173

  2. Re: A/R

    Tom,

    For years we sold a COBOL VPLus, IMAGE solution for customer service
    (ORD3000) that included AR. We have subsequently converted it to .Net but
    still have an option to use the HP3000 IMAGE database as the data server.
    Both the COBOL and the .Net AR piece will run remote from the rest of the
    customer service provided you load the open invoices and corresponding
    customers into its IMAGE database.

    However, It would not be a major feet to change the program to use your
    IMAGE database for Invoice balance and customer validation.

    As a note on the side, the new .Net version will also take you EDI bank
    files and automatically post cash to the appropriate invoices.

    I have 30 years experience with HP3000 COBOL, IMAGE programming. I used DEL
    initially until VPlus was introduced in the 80s.

    Feel free to give me a call if you would like to chat

    Charlie Cookston
    Web Navigation LLC
    CharlieCookston@Webnavigation.net
    317-259-1426