Re: <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1 - Hewlett Packard ; Quoting Paul Raulerson : > P.S. I spent about 15 minutes searching for a reference to this on > Google, with no luck. Can you post a reference to this story please? > > -Paul > > On Oct 17, ...

  1. Re: <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1

    Quoting Paul Raulerson :

    > P.S. I spent about 15 minutes searching for a reference to this on
    > Google, with no luck. Can you post a reference to this story please?
    >
    > -Paul
    >
    > On Oct 17, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Matthew Perdue wrote:
    >
    >> It's not just the computer you have to worry about....
    >>
    >> True story.. somewhere in the upper Western states of the U.S.

    Sure Paul, I can post a reference, right after I get the approval of those
    involved that want the embarrassment of their company publicly posted for
    all to see. I imagine you can find a public notice posted by the particular
    city's public works department for the street closure that was required, but
    then you'd need to know the name of the city, and for more than a few on
    this list that will instantly tell them the client's name too. I can ask the
    man that was IS manager at the time if he wishes to speak with you if you
    want verification, since that seems to be what you're after... I was there
    personally, saw the city's work crews and know for a fact that the
    particular state's Attorney General's office was in the building - I walked
    right by their doors every day.

    Just a note, Google does *not* know all.

    By the way, I've got another case study I'll be posting that your judge in
    the Independent Enclave of Austin wouldn't be able to do anything about
    either - story forthcoming. The situation I'll talk about is known to
    several people in the support business, several of whom read this list on a
    daily basis.

  2. Re: <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1

    I wasn't questioning your veracity, I was just wanting details. I was planning on giving them to our legal department and
    saying something along the lines "I don't think this can happen to us, but find out for sure please. "
    -Paul