Problems with Proliant ML570 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Problems with Proliant ML570 - Hewlett Packard ; Hi everyone, Lately I set up a new system on my Proliant ML570 server (FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE) and after reboot I noticed some strange things. First of all, after RAID Controller initialization it says it found 1 logical drive (which ...

  1. Problems with Proliant ML570

    Hi everyone,

    Lately I set up a new system on my Proliant ML570 server (FreeBSD 7.0
    RELEASE) and after reboot I noticed some strange things. First of all,
    after RAID Controller initialization it says it found 1 logical drive
    (which is RAID5) but after that it says that there are no SCSI devices
    detected and I have to press F1 to continue or F10 to enter partition
    utilities.

    As I mentioned, there is RAID5 on it and it's being correctly seen by
    the system but it annoys me that I have to press F1 to continue which
    means I have to plug in the keyboard after each reboot. The second thing
    is when I try to press F10 it says that "System Partiton Utilities are
    not available on this system" (which is strange again because earlier I
    set up RAID5 using that).

    So, what could be wrong? I disassemled it once to replace CD drive for
    DVD -- maybe I damaged something?

    Thanks in advance
    PL

  2. Re: Problems with Proliant ML570

    Pawe? Lenart wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Lately I set up a new system on my Proliant ML570 server (FreeBSD 7.0
    > RELEASE) and after reboot I noticed some strange things. First of all,
    > after RAID Controller initialization it says it found 1 logical drive
    > (which is RAID5) but after that it says that there are no SCSI devices
    > detected and I have to press F1 to continue or F10 to enter partition
    > utilities.

    by installing freebsd, you probably overwrote the system partition on that
    server. It contained various utilities from HP to manage and configure the
    server. Utilities for stuff like configuring and testing the RAID
    controller live there, and they're far more advanced that the "hit F8"
    version in the controller firmrware.

    Now it's gone/broken and the BIOS is warning you at POST that it's
    missing.

    You can either reinstall it using a SmartStart CD, or there should be an
    option in the BIOS itself to ignore that error and continue. I don't
    recall exactly where it is, it keeps changing.

+ Reply to Thread