Annoyingly enough, this started happening to me today from a Linux printer. The problem here was the driver was not appending a LF at the end of the job. The printer would eventually time out and add one, then flush the job, but there was a nasty little delay.

Might not be the same thing. Symptoms here were most prevalent on single page jobs, which did not print until the timeout was reached.
I set 'autoflush' jobs on the printer, and after that got things moving, forced the driver to add a LF to each print job.

Yours,
-Paul