HP F380 printer - software removal tool - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP F380 printer - software removal tool - Hewlett Packard ; Got an F380 which I'm trying to re-install (windows XP) Trouble is even though I've uninstalled all previous software, and had a dig around the registry, it still wont install because it says 'Newer version of software is already installed'. ...

  1. HP F380 printer - software removal tool

    Got an F380 which I'm trying to re-install (windows XP)

    Trouble is even though I've uninstalled all previous software, and
    had
    a dig around the registry, it still wont install because it says
    'Newer version of software is already installed'.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: HP F380 printer - software removal tool

    Might need a good registry cleaner. I suggest RegSupreme by Macecfaft.

    HH

    wrote in message
    > Got an F380 which I'm trying to re-install (windows XP)
    >
    > Trouble is even though I've uninstalled all previous software, and
    > had
    > a dig around the registry, it still wont install because it says
    > 'Newer version of software is already installed'.
    >

    > Any ideas?

  3. Re: HP F380 printer - software removal tool

    HH wrote:
    > Might need a good registry cleaner. I suggest RegSupreme by Macecfaft.
    >
    > HH
    >

    > wrote in message
    >> Got an F380 which I'm trying to re-install (windows XP)
    >>
    >> Trouble is even though I've uninstalled all previous software, and
    >> had
    >> a dig around the registry, it still wont install because it says
    >> 'Newer version of software is already installed'.
    >>

    >> Any ideas?

    CCleaner is not too shabby either and absolutely free for the download.
    Abexo's free registry cleanup tool is also OK.

    But, yeah. It's a registry problem, with blame shared between Micro$oft
    for making the registry so damned complicated and HP programmers for
    failing to master its considerable intricacies... Ben Myers

  4. Re: HP F380 printer - software removal tool

    On Oct 20, 10:30*pm, Ben Myers wrote:
    > HH wrote:
    > > Might need a good registry cleaner. I suggest RegSupreme by Macecfaft.

    > > HH

    > > wrote in message
    > >> Got an F380 which I'm trying to re-install (windows XP)

    > >> Trouble is even though I've uninstalled all previous software, and
    > >> had
    > >> a dig around the registry, it still wont install because it says
    > >> 'Newer version of software is already installed'.

    > >> Any ideas?

    > CCleaner is not too shabby either and absolutely free for the download.
    > * Abexo's free registry cleanup tool is also OK.
    >
    > But, yeah. *It's a registry problem, with blame shared between Micro$oft
    > for making the registry so damned complicated and HP programmers for
    > failing to master its considerable intricacies... Ben Myers- Hide quoted text -

    Tried CCleaner - no joy here.

+ Reply to Thread