<plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1 - Hewlett Packard ; It's not just the computer you have to worry about.... True story.. somewhere in the upper Western states of the U.S. Medium sized company - about 100 people working, more than 10 million dollars in business annually. Everything in the ...

  1. <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1

    It's not just the computer you have to worry about....

    True story.. somewhere in the upper Western states of the U.S.

    Medium sized company - about 100 people working, more than 10 million
    dollars in business annually. Everything in the computer room was running
    fine, except the local water authority needed to do work on the water pipes
    in the street that feed the building. The accounts payable, payroll and
    claims payable was due to be run the next day - millions of dollars in
    receivables and payables on the line. Potential fines by regulatory
    authorities for late payment. The complexities go on from there.

    Everyone in the building, including several state agencies, were not
    permitted to occupy the building for three (3!) days - reason: no water was
    available due to work required on the feeder pipes to the building and no
    sanitary restroom facilities would be available for more than 1,000 people,
    and no water means no fire suppression systems for the building.

    The public works authorities allowed company personnel approximately two
    hours to gather any materials necessary to continue their operations
    elsewhere. No access, absolutely no access was allowed to the building after
    that initial two hour period until the work was completed.

    The computer room was fine, the computers themselves were fine, the network
    was operational, all employees would've had access to the various systems to
    perform their normal daily activities. Yet no one could work - no water, no
    restrooms, no work.

    Is your business prepared for a situation like this?

    Contracting for services with our company will provide you with the turn key
    answer you need to respond to this kind of emergency. We prepare your
    company in advance for situations like this - the unforeseen problems - and
    test routinely to verify your continued operations.

    We work so you can sleep at night and take a well deserved vacation on time.

    Turn key disaster recovery, application hosting and operating system
    support: MPE, HP-UX, Linux and Windows.

    Hill Country Technologies, Inc.
    PO Box 460091
    San Antonio TX 78246-0091
    210-861-3000
    210-579-1700 fax

    With everyone in our team having more than twenty years, and most thirty
    years, experience with the systems we support, we say: "We don't have to
    hire the experts, we ARE the experts."

  2. Re: <plug> Disaster Recovery, ASP hosting and MPE OS support - case study #1

    P.S. I spent about 15 minutes searching for a reference to this on
    Google, with no luck. Can you post a reference to this story please?

    -Paul