HP Deskjet 1280 printing problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Deskjet 1280 printing problems - Hewlett Packard ; When i print a document to my 1280 it prints 2 lines dark followed by 2 lines light then 2 dark then 2 light etc. Any ideas what might be wrong? -- Steve...

  1. HP Deskjet 1280 printing problems

    --
    Steve

  2. Re: HP Deskjet 1280 printing problems

    "Steve Rainbird" wrote:
    >When i print a document to my 1280 it prints 2 lines dark followed by 2
    >lines light then 2 dark then 2 light etc.
    >
    >Any ideas what might be wrong?
    >
    >--
    >Steve

    Does this happen only when you are printing black or does it happen when
    printing colour?
    This sounds like a failing printhead in the cartrdige, I would replace the
    offending cartridge.
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing Image

  3. Re: HP Deskjet 1280 printing problems

    "Tony" wrote in message
    newsart1of1.1.Ow3r79R5LGZwMg@ue.ph...
    > "Steve Rainbird" wrote:
    >>When i print a document to my 1280 it prints 2 lines dark followed by 2
    >>lines light then 2 dark then 2 light etc.
    >>
    >>Any ideas what might be wrong?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Steve

    > Does this happen only when you are printing black or does it happen when
    > printing colour?
    > This sounds like a failing printhead in the cartrdige, I would replace the
    > offending cartridge.
    > Tony
    > MS MVP Printing Image

    Only with black.