Booklet Printing - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Booklet Printing - Hewlett Packard ; Hi I have an officejet 5400dn. I have created a multipage A5 sized booklet (ie 4 pages per A4 sheet) of 16 pages. When I try to set this up for two-sided printing (manual or automatic) I get the front ...

  1. Booklet Printing

    Hi
    I have an officejet 5400dn.
    I have created a multipage A5 sized booklet (ie 4 pages per A4 sheet) of
    16 pages. When I try to set this up for two-sided printing (manual or
    automatic) I get the front pages right way up, and the pages printed on
    the back are upside down. This is how I would expect a top or bottom
    bound booklet to come out.
    I am tring to get a left bound booklet.
    Some of the trouble appears to be a conflict between page set in the
    doument publisher, where sidebound booklet want landscape orientation,
    and in printer setup where the correct output picture is achieved with
    portrait setting.

    There is no help on what each of the settings in the print setup
    actually do - can anyone guide me please.

    Booklet is 16 pages
    Each page is in A5 portrait layout
    The booklet consists of 4 x A4 pages in landscape, printed both sides,
    folded and stapled centrally.

    Any guidance would be very helpful

    TIA
    Red

  2. Re: Booklet Printing

    In article , Red_Kite
    wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have an officejet 5400dn.
    > I have created a multipage A5 sized booklet (ie 4 pages per A4 sheet) of
    > 16 pages.

    Red-

    You may already know this. I understand the process of taking a
    document and arranging the pages for printing into a booklet, is called
    "page imposition". (A book is made up of multiple booklets bound
    together.)

    A Macintosh program called "Cheap Impostor" is at
    http://www.cheapimpostor.com/. A program called "ClickBook" is
    available for both Macintosh and Windows at http://www.clickbook.com/.
    There may be a trial version of each available.

    If you do a web search for imposition, impost or imposting, you may find
    other software that will solve your problem.

    Fred

  3. Re: Booklet Printing

    Hi Fred
    I have found two problems and one fix.

    Problem 1, I should have left the HP settings alone and let the
    publishing software manage the output
    Problem 2, The publishing software has a known bug that gets booklet
    pages in the wrong order - I have worked out how to get around this
    until it's fixed,

    Thanks

    Red

    Fred McKenzie wrote:
    > In article , Red_Kite
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> I have an officejet 5400dn.
    >> I have created a multipage A5 sized booklet (ie 4 pages per A4 sheet) of
    >> 16 pages.

    > Red-
    >
    > You may already know this. I understand the process of taking a
    > document and arranging the pages for printing into a booklet, is called
    > "page imposition". (A book is made up of multiple booklets bound
    > together.)
    >
    > A Macintosh program called "Cheap Impostor" is at
    > http://www.cheapimpostor.com/. A program called "ClickBook" is
    > available for both Macintosh and Windows at http://www.clickbook.com/.
    > There may be a trial version of each available.
    >
    > If you do a web search for imposition, impost or imposting, you may find
    > other software that will solve your problem.
    >
    > Fred

+ Reply to Thread