Help - cursor has disappeared on laptop - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Help - cursor has disappeared on laptop - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I'm trying to sort out my mother's laptop remotely over the phone (she's seventy miles away!). Apparently the cursor has disappeared from the screen and doesn't come back even when re-booted. Could anyone suggest a reason/solution? It's an HP ...

  1. Help - cursor has disappeared on laptop

    Hi,

    I'm trying to sort out my mother's laptop remotely over the phone
    (she's seventy miles away!). Apparently the cursor has disappeared from
    the screen and doesn't come back even when re-booted. Could anyone
    suggest a reason/solution? It's an HP 6720s machine running Vista and
    only a couple of months old.

    Any help would be gratefully received...

    Nige

  2. Re: Help - cursor has disappeared on laptop

    "Nige" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to sort out my mother's laptop remotely over the phone
    > (she's seventy miles away!). Apparently the cursor has disappeared from
    > the screen and doesn't come back even when re-booted. Could anyone
    > suggest a reason/solution? It's an HP 6720s machine running Vista and
    > only a couple of months old.
    >
    > Any help would be gratefully received...
    >
    > Nige

    ..
    If it's a Vista problem, you might get some help on one of these newsgroups:

    alt.os.windows-vista
    microsoft.public.windows.vista
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    However, expect at least one of these newsgroups to be about half
    arguments over whether Vista is a good operating system.

  3. Re: Help - cursor has disappeared on laptop

    Nige wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to sort out my mother's laptop remotely over the phone
    > (she's seventy miles away!). Apparently the cursor has disappeared from
    > the screen and doesn't come back even when re-booted. Could anyone
    > suggest a reason/solution? It's an HP 6720s machine running Vista and
    > only a couple of months old.
    >
    > Any help would be gratefully received...
    >
    > Nige

    Hi, Nige
    A quick Google search using "Vista cursor disappeared" returned a forum
    http://thevistaforums.com/lofiversio...hp/t34243.html with a possible
    solution. Scroll down to where Radioshoes posts the solution that worked
    for him and others. The disappearing cursor in Vista seems to have been a
    problem last April. Without a mouse it's going to be difficult to give
    directions over the phone. Start with pressing the Windows key. The cursor
    will be active in the search box. Type "Device Manager" then press .
    Use the key and arrow keys to navigate to "Human Interface Devices".
    Good luck... Dean

+ Reply to Thread