KML File and BMP - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on KML File and BMP - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I'm looking for a KML and BMP file for the 50G that fits well in an Asus eee PC 4G surf screen. I'm currently running the Emu48 emulator in Xandros using WINE. It works perfectly but the BMP and ...

  1. KML File and BMP

    Hi, I'm looking for a KML and BMP file for the 50G that fits well in
    an Asus eee PC 4G surf screen. I'm currently running the Emu48
    emulator in Xandros using WINE. It works perfectly but the BMP and KML
    files I have for the 50G were designed for higher resolutions. I'd
    appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction to obtain
    the correct files. Thank you.

  2. Re: KML File and BMP

    "physicsboy" wrote:
    > Hi, I'm looking for a KML and BMP file for the 50G that fits well in
    > an Asus eee PC 4G surf screen. I'm currently running the Emu48
    > emulator in Xandros using WINE. It works perfectly but the BMP and KML
    > files I have for the 50G were designed for higher resolutions. I'd
    > appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction to obtain
    > the correct files. Thank you.

    The Eee PC 4G (and any other Eee PC sold at present with a 7-inch display)
    has a 480-pixel height screen. All skins I have made for Emu48 have
    required at least a 600-pixel height screen.

    After adding in space used by the GUI (taskbar, menubar, titlebar, etc), how
    much vertical space do you have to work with? 400 pixels? Although I
    haven't used Xandros, it appears it needs around 30 pixels for each of the
    taskbar, menubar, and titlebar, making it fairly inefficient, but hopefully
    on a system with a small screen such as yours, there might be a theme that
    is less wasteful of space.

    400 pixels doesn't leave much room for buttons with a 2x screen, as 160
    pixels would be taken by the screen itself, but it could be done. It just
    wouldn't look as authentic.

    Do you have a preference for whether you'd want a 2x screen and small
    buttons or a 1x screen and large buttons? If you ask nicely, and let me
    know the maximum height allowed for the BMP given your other UI elements, I
    might be able to be convinced to make one for you.

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin

  3. Re: KML File and BMP

    Thank you for your response. Let me tell you that I know a _lot_ of
    people who have eee PCs and have asked about 50G emulator KMLs and
    BMPs. So far, 8 people I have talked to about it have told me that
    they would love to have one, including a former professor of mine. It
    would be great if you could provide a working one for the 50G. You'd
    make a lot of people happy.

    I'm currently using a 48GX on Xandros eee PC (using Emu48 on Wine) 640
    X 480 and it just fits screen. In fact, a little higher and it will go
    past the bottom task bar. I think this is the size that would fit best
    for the 50G on the eee PC. I'd prefer a larger screen and smaller
    buttons (as long as they're readable).

    Thank you in advance for all your help.

  4. Re: KML File and BMP

    Eric,

    I am using a EEE 701 running the Ubuntu-eee distribution which is a
    bit more efficient with screen resolution as it uses the Netbook Remix
    Interface. I believe that the total number of pixels used by the
    interface itself is about 35 px rather than the 160. However, I could
    certainly live with a skin that is 400 px high.

    Many thanks for your efforts.

    Pavneet Arora

    On Oct 15, 4:52*pm, "Eric Rechlin" wrote:
    > After adding in space used by the GUI (taskbar, menubar, titlebar, etc), how
    > much vertical space do you have to work with? *400 pixels? *Although I
    > haven't used Xandros, it appears it needs around 30 pixels for each of the
    > taskbar, menubar, and titlebar, making it fairly inefficient, but hopefully
    > on a system with a small screen such as yours, there might be a theme that
    > is less wasteful of space.
    >
    > 400 pixels doesn't leave much room for buttons with a 2x screen, as 160
    > pixels would be taken by the screen itself, but it could be done. *It just
    > wouldn't look as authentic.
    >
    > Do you have a preference for whether you'd want a 2x screen and small
    > buttons or a 1x screen and large buttons? *If you ask nicely, and let me
    > know the maximum height allowed for the BMP given your other UI elements,I
    > might be able to be convinced to make one for you. *
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Rechlin

  5. Re: KML File and BMP

    "physicsboy" wrote:
    > I'm currently using a 48GX on Xandros eee PC (using Emu48 on Wine) 640
    > X 480 and it just fits screen. In fact, a little higher and it will go
    > past the bottom task bar. I think this is the size that would fit best
    > for the 50G on the eee PC. I'd prefer a larger screen and smaller
    > buttons (as long as they're readable).

    I have now posted to my site my new Emu48 skin for computers like the Eee
    PC. You can get it here:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=7045

    Regards,

    Eric Rechlin