From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of James B. Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:48 AM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: [HP3000-L] Getting Lexmark T632 printers to work with HP3000

HW=HP3000/918LX
OS=MPE/iX 7.5pp1

Printer = Lexmark T632 (TCP/IP port 9100)

We are replacing all of our well worn HP LaserJets, of various marks and models, with three Lexmark T632s. I have got the test printer working with Linux and with MS-Windows but I am having a problem with getting the HP3000 to print to it.

My NPCONFIG looks like this

global (
message_interval = 0
pjl_supported = FALSE
jam_recovery = FALSE
)
#Hamilton Lexmark T632 Direct Network Connection (Forwarding)
4174 (network_address = 192.168.71.50
TCP_port_number = 9100
setup_file=LJ2PORT.HPENV.SYSLOCAL
)
#EOF

This printer is supposed to support PCL level 6 but I do not know whether Irequire a special environment file for it or if I have to other alterations in places of which I am not yet aware.

Can anybody help me with this. I tried printing a test file through Fantasia and the spool file just shows ready.

DEV/CL DFID JOBNUM FNAME STATE FRM SPACE RANK PRI #C
4174 #O73907 #S2091 FANTQDEV READY 1328 1 8 1

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

The Yolo County Office of Education has scanned this message for viruses and dangerous content