MPE support in UltraEdit 14.20 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on MPE support in UltraEdit 14.20 - Hewlett Packard ; FYI There's been some discussion last month about MPE support in Ultraedit. IDM has just released Ultraedit 14.20 which has better support for HP3000/MPE. There's a new "HP3000 MPE" server type on the FTP Accounts dialog box. The filelist display ...

  1. MPE support in UltraEdit 14.20

    FYI

    There's been some discussion last month about MPE support in Ultraedit. IDM has just released Ultraedit 14.20 which has better support for HP3000/MPE. There's a new "HP3000 MPE" server type on the FTP Accounts dialog box. The filelist display order for ftp connections is much better.

    There are still a few issues with MPE support. I reported them to IDM but it was too late to include them in the 14.20 release. They may make it in a future version. The issues are (that I know of):

    If a file is opened or if someone is logged into a group/directory at the time you get the filelist, the file/directory will be prefixed with an asterisk "*". The object will then appear at the top of the list. For example, if you are looking at an account and there is a job/session currently running in the PUB group, the group will show as "*PUB". This means you will not be able to switch to it using a double-click.

    Ultraedit should work fine for files in the MPE namespace. It does not work well with objects in the Posix namespace even if you use absolute (/ACCT/PUB/MyFileIsHere) or relative (./MyFileIsHere) notation.

    Thanks...François

    Remarque - Cette transmission est pour l'usage exclusif du ou des destinataires indiqués et peut contenir de l'information confidentielle ou protégée. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire indiqué, veuillez supprimer cette transmission ainsi que tout fichier joint et aviser l'expéditeur par courriel immédiatement. Toute révision, utilisation, divulgation ou distribution non autorisée est interdite.

    Notice: This transmission is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

  2. Re: MPE support in UltraEdit 14.20

    I actually spent some time with IDM over the last few months, getting them
    access to an 3000 and explaining the special needs of MPE. We went back and
    forth quite a bit and we got it to the point where the listing is very nice
    but they still insist on showing a date for each file. I tried to get them
    to forget about the (bogus) date and instead show the file code and the real
    type. Instead they show the type as whatever appears on the right side of a
    dot in the file name. At least I got them to show the proper EOF and not
    the LIMIT.

    I did have some issues getting Posix files, but I ran out of time. For MPE
    files it now works quite well.

    Denys...