Anybody There? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Anybody There? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi All :-) Haven't seen any emails since Friday??? So a quick update on the digital camera quest.. Patrick S. gave me a simply awesome site www.DPReview.com for learning and reviewing Cameras! Several (meaning lots!) of people gave some great ...

  1. Anybody There?

    Hi All :-)

    Haven't seen any emails since Friday???

    So a quick update on the digital camera quest.. Patrick S. gave me a
    simply awesome site www.DPReview.com for learning and reviewing Cameras!
    Several (meaning lots!) of people gave some great input. John K. gave some
    really good insights on being wary of the bias towards Nikon which is a
    great camera company. but maybe a great digital image company is what I
    need?

    Looking at the Canon 50D & 40D. but for those who mentioned it. talked
    with the Sony Store Camera guy (he owns a 400 Aleph I believe) did say that
    since they had acquired Konica which had (I guess) acquired Minolta that the
    Sony digital cameras would use the Minolta lenses - PROVIDED the Minolta
    lens was made after 1984!

    So, the Quest continues!

    Art "Withdrawal symptoms are setting in" Bahrs

    Art Bahrs, CISSP

    Arthur@Bahrs.us

  2. Re: Anybody There?

    You might want to drop a line to this fellow, I have known him (and
    disagreed with with him politically for oh - a decade or two.
    Great person to talk to about anything photographic.

    http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/photo.html

    Also, I am rather partial to the Nikon D40 for all kinds of "regular"
    photos. I don't like the D70/D80's nearly as much for some reason. I
    like the Konica Maxxum 7D.

    YMMV, etc.

    -Paul

    On Oct 13, 2008, at 11:05 PM, Art wrote:

    > Hi All :-)
    >
    > Haven't seen any emails since Friday???
    >

    > So a quick update on the digital camera quest.. Patrick S. gave me a
    > simply awesome site www.DPReview.com for learning and reviewing
    > Cameras!
    > Several (meaning lots!) of people gave some great input. John K.
    > gave some
    > really good insights on being wary of the bias towards Nikon which
    > is a
    > great camera company. but maybe a great digital image company is
    > what I
    > need?
    >

    > Looking at the Canon 50D & 40D. but for those who mentioned it.
    > talked
    > with the Sony Store Camera guy (he owns a 400 Aleph I believe) did
    > say that
    > since they had acquired Konica which had (I guess) acquired Minolta
    > that the
    > Sony digital cameras would use the Minolta lenses - PROVIDED the
    > Minolta
    > lens was made after 1984!
    >

    > So, the Quest continues!
    >

    > Art "Withdrawal symptoms are setting in" Bahrs

    > Art Bahrs, CISSP
    >
    > Arthur@Bahrs.us

  3. Re: [OT] Camera selection (was: Anybody There?)

    Denys says:
    > Just as long as you get away from film; only mouth-breathing, drooling
    > morons use film-based cameras anymore.

    And since there is no more silver because there is no more film, black
    and white photos of Vampires can now be seen.

    Tracy Johnson

  4. Slow printing

    TGIF!

    Since I'm still about 2 years from final migration on our 969K220, I was able to convince the powers that be that we should upgrade to a 100MB networkcard. It helped that we have had two old hubs die and only have 1 left with a thin LAN connection.

    Things have been going well since I installed it a couple of weeks ago.

    Until this week. Since the upgrade, the jobs have been running quickly andprinting right away.

    Now there seems to be a pause of sometimes 2 minutes before the report prints after it shows completed on the screen.

    I checked the port on our switch and it is set to 100/full.

    NMMGR shows 100/full.

    All of our printers are Network printers.

    Is there some other setting in NMMGR I should be looking at or maybe shouldhave changed when I installed the card?

    The card is:
    A3495A HP 100Base-T NIC for MPE 9x9

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Steve
    Steve Davidek
    Operations & Systems Administrator
    City of Sparks, Nevada
    775.353.1671

  5. Re: Slow printing

    may I suggest:

    :# looking for errors or losses in general
    :linkcontrol @;status=all

    :# for finer problem resolution...
    :linkcontrol ;status=reset
    {Monitor/Duplicate problem}
    :linkcontrol ;status
    :# how did the numbers change?

    :# for general information gathering
    :nettool.net.sys;info="status;tcpstat;tcpg @;quit"
    :nettool.net.sys;info="status;udpstat;udpg;quit"
    :nettool.net.sys;info="res;di;quit"

    what are your timer values in nmmgr? - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    408-252-2330

  6. Re: Slow printing

    Steve wrote...
    > Now there seems to be a pause of sometimes 2 minutes before the report
    > prints after it shows completed on the screen.

    Are your printers in NPCONFIG configured by IP address or by name?
    If configured by name, is name resolution in RESLVCNF using a DNS?

    DNS name resolving might take long if it is configured to use more
    than one DNS server and if the first and/or second in the list are
    no longer responding "in time".

    Lars.

  7. Re: Slow printing

    they are configured by IP Address.