HP 6L blank page after Win-XP standby - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 6L blank page after Win-XP standby - Hewlett Packard ; I have a Laserjet 6L connected to a PC running Windows XP. After the PC has been in standby, sometimes the first print job "jams" and I have to force a page throw by pressing the "throw page" button on ...

  1. HP 6L blank page after Win-XP standby

    I have a Laserjet 6L connected to a PC running Windows XP. After the PC has
    been in standby, sometimes the first print job "jams" and I have to force a
    page throw by pressing the "throw page" button on the printer.

    This results in a blank page which says...

    %-12345X@PJL COMMENT HP Laserjet 6L
    @PJL SET PAGEPROTECT=OFF
    @PJL
    SET PAGEPROTEC

    The rest of the text flows off the side of the paper ;-).

    After this, the job prints correctly as do subsequent jobs.

    Any suggestions as to what this is and how I can stop it? From the web it
    seems like it is some sort if "initialize the printer" PJL but why should it
    only have problems coming out of Win-XP standby?

    Thanks,
    Paul DS.

  2. Re: HP 6L blank page after Win-XP standby

    "Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
    >I have a Laserjet 6L connected to a PC running Windows XP. After the PC
    >has been in standby, sometimes the first print job "jams" and I have to
    >force a page throw by pressing the "throw page" button on the printer.
    >
    > This results in a blank page which says...
    >
    > %-12345X@PJL COMMENT HP Laserjet 6L
    > @PJL SET PAGEPROTECT=OFF
    >
    > @PJL SET PAGEPROTEC
    >
    > The rest of the text flows off the side of the paper ;-).
    >
    > After this, the job prints correctly as do subsequent jobs.
    >
    > Any suggestions as to what this is and how I can stop it? From the web it
    > seems like it is some sort if "initialize the printer" PJL but why should
    > it only have problems coming out of Win-XP standby?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul DS.

    I don't know, but I may have seen a similar problem on my desktop
    computer rinning Vista SP1 with an HP Photosmart C4250 printer.

    It tries to print the last page of a multi-page document first, and is
    able to print something without special attention, but that page often
    comes out mostly blank.

+ Reply to Thread