Fantasia form printing problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Fantasia form printing problem - Hewlett Packard ; > > Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:56:38 -0700 > From: John Bawden > Subject: Fantasia form printing problem > > We recently made a change to a=A0Fantasia form and during the > development and testing the new form printed ...

  1. Fantasia form printing problem

    > Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:56:38 -0700
    > From: John Bawden
    > Subject: Fantasia form printing problem
    >
    > We recently made a change to a=A0Fantasia form and during the
    > development and testing the new form printed okay on the printer
    > in the IT area. But when the form was installed in the production
    > environment, when the form is printed, the template of the form
    > prints okay but all the data that is merged into the form prints
    > as small black squares. The usual finger pointing is going on
    > between networks, printer support and the form being bad. But if
    > w e can get it to print on at least one printer, how can the form
    > be "bad". All printers are networked in npconfig and there are so
    > many different models of printers involved it's hard to get the
    > configurations to match, especially on the remote officce where
    > the problem first surfaced.
    >
    > Has anyone using Fantasia run into this problem or have any ides
    > about what we should look at?
    >

    > John Bawden
    > Homestead3000 Consulting
    > MPE Forever

    My WAG on this is that you have a missing font problem.

    Your form may be using a softfont that the target printer cannot receive
    for some reason, or the target printer is memory constrained and the
    softfont is being erased by the form graphic overlay, or you are trying to
    use a non-existent printer font.

    In any case, from the symptoms I would start by determining what font the
    missing data is supposed to use and test to see if you can get any text to
    display on that printer using that font.

    If the font works then the next thing that I would check is that your
    Fantasia environment file mates up properly with the form.

    HTH,

    --
    *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
    9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

  2. Re: Fantasia form printing problem

    Aside from the font issue (which may be the case) check the printer
    settings in LINEPARM.PUB.LARC, if your production printer is
    substantially older than your IT printer or vice-versa.

    Tracy Johnson
    Business Analyst
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.
    1000 Lucas Way