On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:36:45 -0700, Les Finkel wrote:

>Does anyone know if there is a windows compliant equivalent of
>TurboStore version C.70.18 B5152 AA. Or if not, a way to
>programmatically read TurboStore formatted tapes using a Windows based
>system. I would like to be able to access DLT storage tapes created
>with TurboStore on a windows based system after the e3000 has finally
>come to rest.

Hello,

Take a look at Rosetta Store (though I don't know if it exists for Windows
or if it's HP-UX only). I've never used it but it certainly sounds interesting.

Rosetta Store
http://www.allegro.com/products/rosetta/index.html
http://www.orbitsw.co.uk/pdfs/Rosett...-Datasheet.pdf

As for the do it yourself option, I think I recall hearing that the format
is not publicly documented. Hmmm... yep, here are the discussion threadsI
was thinking of:

Store tape format?
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....07be88931d7537

Store tape format? (new product announcement)
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....47ab5a58956a9e

HP3000 STORE/RESTORE dates
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ac582ef59b834b

Hope that helps.