OMNIDEX help please - 3 questions - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OMNIDEX help please - 3 questions - Hewlett Packard ; Dear kind HP3000L listeners, I have a problem with OMNIDEX at this location. We have AMISYS, which comes with OMNIDEX, and there are many OMNIDEX indexes on our databases. In every other location I have worked, OMNIDEX indexes are maintained ...

  1. OMNIDEX help please - 3 questions

    Dear kind HP3000L listeners,
    I have a problem with OMNIDEX at this location. We have AMISYS, which comes with OMNIDEX, and there are many OMNIDEX indexes on our databases. In every other location I have worked, OMNIDEX indexes are maintained "on the fly", but at this location, we run a complete re-index every night. During the day, any new adds to the datasets don't get reflected in the OMNIDEX indexes. I have manuals on OMNIDEX, which I have examined closely, which are excellent references on how to set up indexes, re-index, etc. but say nothing about how to turn on automatic updating of OMNIDEX indexes via regular DBPUT, DBUPDATE, and DBDELETE calls at the sys level. I must stress that we can do partial key lookups in QUICK screens during the day just fine (new updates excluded).
    Also, anything we do in SUPRTOOL does not update the OMNIDEX indexes.
    Is there any way to read in SUPRTOOL using OMNIDEX indexes ?
    Wyell Grunwald

  2. Re: OMNIDEX help please - 3 questions

    The Amisys3000 *application has its Omnidex configuration file in the DICT group for each of the data bases, HEALTH, OPTION, ACCTNG.* They're defaulted to not reindex on the fly.* If you want it to, remove the "N" and reindex.
    *
    It's still good to delete & reindex at least weekly.
    *
    If you need help feel free to call me.* I can walk you or your DBA through it.
    *
    George Kinsler
    Healthcare Information Technology Services (HITS)
    (734) 673-5864
    GeoKinsler@yahoo.com

[...]

  3. Re: OMNIDEX help please - 3 questions