Off topic iphone calculator - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Off topic iphone calculator - Hewlett Packard ; Is this this future of handheld calculators? spacetime.us/iphone/...

  1. Off topic iphone calculator

    Is this this future of handheld calculators?

    spacetime.us/iphone/

  2. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    On Oct 3, 11:44*am, johnet123 wrote:
    > Is this this future of handheld calculators?
    >
    > spacetime.us/iphone/

    Very nice! I wouldn't give it high marks for durability as a
    calculator though.
    I'm a bit of a key pounder so the face of the iphone might get a bit
    deformed after a while. I suppose the color display might tempt some
    of us to make the switch. The graphics are pretty impressive to me
    because I'm more of a visual learner. It just occured to me that I
    don't send text messages from my hp so why calculate on my
    iphone?

  3. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    Wow, looks very nice. There are emulators for HP calcs on the iPhone
    but these look marvellous. Not sure I'd want to program using the touch
    screen keyboard, but the visual impact is high!

    mnhollinger@yahoo.com wrote:
    > On Oct 3, 11:44 am, johnet123 wrote:
    >> Is this this future of handheld calculators?
    >>
    >> spacetime.us/iphone/

    > Very nice! I wouldn't give it high marks for durability as a
    > calculator though.
    > I'm a bit of a key pounder so the face of the iphone might get a bit
    > deformed after a while. I suppose the color display might tempt some
    > of us to make the switch. The graphics are pretty impressive to me
    > because I'm more of a visual learner. It just occured to me that I
    > don't send text messages from my hp so why calculate on my
    > iphone?

  4. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    On Oct 5, 1:27 am, mr wrote:
    > Wow, looks very nice. There are emulators for HP calcs on the iPhone
    > but these look marvellous. Not sure I'd want to program using the touch
    > screen keyboard, but the visual impact is high!
    >
    > mnhollin...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > On Oct 3, 11:44 am, johnet123 wrote:
    > >> Is this this future of handheld calculators?

    > >> spacetime.us/iphone/

    > > Very nice! I wouldn't give it high marks for durability as a
    > > calculator though.
    > > I'm a bit of a key pounder so the face of the iphone might get a bit
    > > deformed after a while. I suppose the color display might tempt some
    > > of us to make the switch. The graphics are pretty impressive to me
    > > because I'm more of a visual learner. It just occured to me that I
    > > don't send text messages from my hp so why calculate on my
    > > iphone?

    This is what i've been waiting for, for at least 5 years...!
    i wonder if it might be possible to write the 'BASIC' programs on your
    big box and download them to the iphone... Or hopefully, this will
    work on the ipod...!
    hmmmmmmm...???

  5. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    On Oct 3, 8:44 am, johnet123 wrote:
    > Is this this future of handheld calculators?
    >
    > spacetime.us/iphone/

    Sadly...! The programming language doesn't seem to have the full
    spectrum capability of the 10 year old, 128k HP48sx...???

  6. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

  7. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    On 3 oct, 09:44, johnet123 wrote:
    > Is this this future of handheld calculators?
    >
    > spacetime.us/iphone/

    Looks very nice, but has not enough statistical options to be useful
    for me. Can it be programable to do so ?

    Daniel.

  8. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:44:42 -0700 (PDT), johnet123
    wrote:

    >Is this this future of handheld calculators?

    No

    A.L.

  9. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    "Dueño de Monte" wrote in message
    > On 3 oct, 09:44, johnet123 wrote:
    >> Is this this future of handheld calculators?
    >>
    >> spacetime.us/iphone/

    > Looks very nice, but has not enough statistical options to be useful
    > for me. Can it be programable to do so ?

    SpaceTime is programmable so if you know the relevant equations and
    methods then, yes, you can program it to do whatever you want.

    Tom Lake

  10. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    > SpaceTime is programmable so if you know the relevant equations and
    > methods then, yes, you can program it to do whatever you want.
    >
    > Tom Lake

    Sad to say I download the trial (for Palm PDA) and could not do
    anything on the statistical area I need from this kind of device. I
    ´ll going back to my HP50g, plenty of statistical analysis software.

    So ... not good for me !

    Daniel.

  11. Re: Off topic iphone calculator

    Agree with other comments. OTOH I'll look for it to be available for
    my G1 Google phone.

+ Reply to Thread