Presario V5000 Hardware Interrupt Overload - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Presario V5000 Hardware Interrupt Overload - Hewlett Packard ; Hi All, for some reason my laptop's processor goes to 100% load when I use the DVD Rom Drive. I have uninstalled all the software that I can think of that would have a reason to utilise the DVD Rom ...

  1. Presario V5000 Hardware Interrupt Overload

    Hi All,
    for some reason my laptop's processor goes to 100% load when I use
    the DVD Rom Drive.

    I have uninstalled all the software that I can think of that would
    have a reason to utilise the DVD Rom drive such as Burning Software,
    DVD Viewing, Music playing, etc but whenever the drive is used the
    CPU load goes to 100% and the hardware interrupts are the main user.

    I am using WinXP Home SP3 on a Compaq Presario V5000 series. 512Mb
    of RAM and the HDD has 30 Gig free.

    Previously I was able to use system restore to restore to an
    earlier point, now the system restore won't let me restore to an
    earlier point even though it goes through all the motions and after
    the reboot it informs me that nothing has been done.

    If all else fails, what is the correct procedure to re-install
    Windows. I have left the "D" drive untouched and I have made the
    installer disc's as per the instructions. Is this a clean install (I
    loose all my data, etc) or will it just overwrite windows itself?

    --
    Regards,
    Raymond

    -=-=-
    .... I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    -=-=-

  2. Re: Presario V5000 Hardware Interrupt Overload

    Running a restore/recovery returns the hard drive tyo the same condition as
    the initial boot up. All data files will be lost, so back up first.

    HH

    "Raymond" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > for some reason my laptop's processor goes to 100% load when I use
    > the DVD Rom Drive.
    >
    > I have uninstalled all the software that I can think of that would
    > have a reason to utilise the DVD Rom drive such as Burning Software,
    > DVD Viewing, Music playing, etc but whenever the drive is used the
    > CPU load goes to 100% and the hardware interrupts are the main user.
    >
    > I am using WinXP Home SP3 on a Compaq Presario V5000 series. 512Mb
    > of RAM and the HDD has 30 Gig free.
    >
    > Previously I was able to use system restore to restore to an
    > earlier point, now the system restore won't let me restore to an
    > earlier point even though it goes through all the motions and after
    > the reboot it informs me that nothing has been done.
    >
    > If all else fails, what is the correct procedure to re-install
    > Windows. I have left the "D" drive untouched and I have made the
    > installer disc's as per the instructions. Is this a clean install (I
    > loose all my data, etc) or will it just overwrite windows itself?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Raymond
    >
    > -=-=-
    > ... I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    > * TagZilla 0.059 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
    > -=-=-

+ Reply to Thread