OT: The height of the Universe - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: The height of the Universe - Hewlett Packard ; I just found a web site that explains everything you need to know about the entire universe, and does it on one slide. Quite an achievement! Here's the URL: http://xkcd.com/482/ -Craig * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list ...

  1. OT: The height of the Universe

    I just found a web site that explains everything you need to know about the entire universe, and does it on one slide. Quite an achievement!

    Here's the URL:

    http://xkcd.com/482/

    -Craig

  2. Re: The height of the Universe

    Hi Craig
    Ok... I like it... But I have some questions....

    Ok... We all know that Capt Kirk and the Enterprise all through the
    'Barrier at the Edge of the Galaxy' (Kelvin's had Hijacked the ship) and
    they didn't pass the Romulan Neutral Zone or go through it... Yet the
    diagram shows the Galaxy Barrier as being well past the Romulan Neutral
    Zone?

    Also, if radio waves are expanding as shown on diagram... How is it
    that Apollo on board the Galactica was able to receive (but missed
    seeing) the television wave images of the Apollo moon landing? (He was
    in the 'Observatory' on board the Galactica...

    I also notice that "V'ger" is not denoted on the diagram??

    Art "totally escaping Proxy configuration H*ll hehehe" Bahrs

    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    I just found a web site that explains everything you need to know about
    the entire universe, and does it on one slide. Quite an achievement!

    Here's the URL:

    http://xkcd.com/482/

    -Craig

    DISCLAIMER:

  3. Re: OT: The height of the Universe

    Hey all you Trekkers who know way more than me-

    I like it! I want to order the poster. How about it's accuracy...is it
    close? And the organization...am I safe sending credit card info to them?

    John Lee