Power supply for HP Pavilion a6432f - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Power supply for HP Pavilion a6432f - Hewlett Packard ; I would like to add a better video card to my HP Pavilion a6432f, to replace the on-board video, and an additional hard drive. All of the video cards I'm considering recommend a 450w or better power supply, and the ...

  1. Power supply for HP Pavilion a6432f

    I would like to add a better video card to my HP Pavilion a6432f, to
    replace the on-board video, and an additional hard drive. All of the
    video cards I'm considering recommend a 450w or better power supply,
    and the stock one can apparently only do 218w, based on the info on
    the sticker on the bottom of the power supply. Does anyone know of a
    power supply that will fit in this computer without having to modify
    the case?

  2. Re: Power supply for HP Pavilion a6432f

    The best suggestion I can make is for you to measure the distances between and
    placement of the mouting screw holes on the back of the case, then measure the
    depth of the power supply. If the screw hole pattern exactly matches a standard
    ATX form factor, you are in luck. The photos on the NewEgg web lead lead me to
    believe that the power supply is standard, but I have been burned in the past
    trying to repair HP Pavilions with odd-shaped power supplies... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:20:36 -0400, knowone wrote:

    >I would like to add a better video card to my HP Pavilion a6432f, to
    >replace the on-board video, and an additional hard drive. All of the
    >video cards I'm considering recommend a 450w or better power supply,
    >and the stock one can apparently only do 218w, based on the info on
    >the sticker on the bottom of the power supply. Does anyone know of a
    >power supply that will fit in this computer without having to modify
    >the case?

+ Reply to Thread