Rebooting Continuosly - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Rebooting Continuosly - Hewlett Packard ; I have a Compaq Presario SR1215CL running Windows XP Home edition that keeps restarting itself after you enter you login password. It started to do this after a freeze up and was powered down and never would reboot after that. ...

  1. Rebooting Continuosly

    I have a Compaq Presario SR1215CL running Windows XP Home edition that keeps
    restarting itself after you enter you login password. It started to do this
    after a freeze up and was powered down and never would reboot after that.
    It does this in the safe mode as well. I tried using the late good
    configuration but that does it also. I can get into the bios if needed.
    Does this sound like a ram problem or what do you recommend?
    Thanks, Ray

  2. Re: Rebooting Continuosly

    There are various possible causes, some hardware and some software.

    Overheating? Are all fans clear of any dust, dirt and debris?
    Scrambled up Windows drivers?
    A virus?

    Probably other possible causes, too... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 06:33:57 -0400, "Ray" wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario SR1215CL running Windows XP Home edition that keeps
    >restarting itself after you enter you login password. It started to do this
    >after a freeze up and was powered down and never would reboot after that.
    >It does this in the safe mode as well. I tried using the late good
    >configuration but that does it also. I can get into the bios if needed.
    >Does this sound like a ram problem or what do you recommend?
    >Thanks, Ray

  3. Re: Rebooting Continuosly

    Bad boot sector....