Hp Pavilion ZE5640EA - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hp Pavilion ZE5640EA - Hewlett Packard ; I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and ...

  1. Hp Pavilion ZE5640EA

    I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i
    make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the
    laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and the motherboard
    startup. Can we do something like this in the laptops ?

    Thansk.

  2. Re: Hp Pavilion ZE5640EA

    On Sep 30, 4:40*pm, "Avelino Tavares"
    wrote:
    > I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i
    > make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the
    > laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and the motherboard
    > startup. Can we do something like this in the laptops ?
    >
    > Thansk.

    I have a ZE5730us and the power switch is a momentary on push button
    which does as you say, shorts two pins going to motherboard when
    button depressed. The button is on a small board with other switches
    & LEDs and you can determine which two pins of the connector between
    that small board and motherboard connector by examination of that
    small board & the help of an ohmmeter. It is one of those connector
    pins to ground via a corner connector pin which is ground.

  3. Re: Hp Pavilion ZE5640EA

    Generally, one can determine which pins do what without an ohmmeter. Remove the
    plastic panel with all the buttons (if one has not already done so) and then see
    where the buttons line up versus the small circuit board which has the switches.

    On many laptops, these momentary switches are not pins, but something a little
    more tolerant of wear and tear... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:35:47 -0700 (PDT), jmor wrote:

    >On Sep 30, 4:40*pm, "Avelino Tavares"
    >wrote:
    >> I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i
    >> make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the
    >> laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and the motherboard
    >> startup. Can we do something like this in the laptops ?
    >>
    >> Thansk.

    >I have a ZE5730us and the power switch is a momentary on push button
    >which does as you say, shorts two pins going to motherboard when
    >button depressed. The button is on a small board with other switches
    >& LEDs and you can determine which two pins of the connector between
    >that small board and motherboard connector by examination of that
    >small board & the help of an ohmmeter. It is one of those connector
    >pins to ground via a corner connector pin which is ground.

+ Reply to Thread