Remote Printer Stall - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Remote Printer Stall - Hewlett Packard ; Seems I have a remote LDEV in Europe where the spool files get stuck. User says they can print locally from Windows to the device. The device pings and I can get a traceroute (it goes through our ISP on ...

  1. Remote Printer Stall

    Seems I have a remote LDEV in Europe where the spool files get stuck.

    User says they can print locally from Windows to the device.

    The device pings and I can get a traceroute (it goes through our ISP on
    three of the hops.)

    Any ideas?

    Tracy Johnson
    Business Analyst
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.
    1000 Lucas Way
    Hampton, VA 23666
    Office 1-757-766-4318
    tracy.johnson@meas-spec.com
    www.meas-spec.com

  2. Re: Remote Printer Stall

    Hi Tracy
    Any chance you are seeing weird console messages around the time the
    spoolfile stalls out?

    Art

    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    Seems I have a remote LDEV in Europe where the spool files get stuck.

    User says they can print locally from Windows to the device.

    The device pings and I can get a traceroute (it goes through our ISP on
    three of the hops.)

    Any ideas?

    Tracy Johnson
    Business Analyst
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.
    1000 Lucas Way
    Hampton, VA 23666
    Office 1-757-766-4318
    tracy.johnson@meas-spec.com
    www.meas-spec.com

    DISCLAIMER:

  3. Re: Remote Printer Stall

    > Hi Tracy
    > Any chance you are seeing weird console messages around
    > the time the
    > spoolfile stalls out?
    >
    > Art

    Not a peep.

    Per earlier suggestion, I changed PJL_supported from TRUE to FALSE.
    Since I had to STOP and START spool for that to take effect, I killed
    two suggestions with one stone.