OT:Request for a favor 2 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT:Request for a favor 2 - Hewlett Packard ; Wirt, I tried it in IE 7, Safari 3.1 and Firefox 3.0. As you said, Safari was by far the best. 5 seconds after I started the process, the presentation started by itself and went all the way through perfectly. ...

  1. OT:Request for a favor 2

    Wirt,

    I tried it in IE 7, Safari 3.1 and Firefox 3.0.

    As you said, Safari was by far the best. 5 seconds after I started the
    process, the presentation started by itself and went all the way through
    perfectly.

    IE 7 took about a minute to load (as far as I know) but didn't start
    automatically. I had to slick on the "run" arrow. Also, the timing of a few
    of the slides seemed a bit erratic. For example, near the end, four slides
    flashed through very quickly and I hardly had time to see them.

    Firefox 3.0 just didn't load anything except the main screen. I clicked on
    the "run" arrow but it never loaded any pictures. Disappointing.

    I hope that helps. I wonder what it is that makes Safari so much better
    than the others?

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

  2. Re: Request for a favor 2

    Hello Wirt & All
    Just tried it in both FireFox (3.0.2) through BlueCoat ProxySG
    (5.2.4.3) and see the request and the connect but no video... And
    Internect Explorer 6.x with WebSense URL filtering and works great (few
    white boxes in the lower part of the screen where pictures are shown as
    'thumbnails'?)

    Art

    Art Bahrs, CISSP
    Security Engineer
    Providence Health & Services
    Arthur.Bahrs@Providence.org
    Phone: 503-216-2722

    I tried it in IE 7, Safari 3.1 and Firefox 3.0.

    As you said, Safari was by far the best. 5 seconds after I started the
    process, the presentation started by itself and went all the way through
    perfectly.

    IE 7 took about a minute to load (as far as I know) but didn't start
    automatically. I had to slick on the "run" arrow. Also, the timing of a
    few of the slides seemed a bit erratic. For example, near the end, four
    slides flashed through very quickly and I hardly had time to see them.

    Firefox 3.0 just didn't load anything except the main screen. I clicked
    on the "run" arrow but it never loaded any pictures. Disappointing.

    I hope that helps. I wonder what it is that makes Safari so much better
    than the others?

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

    DISCLAIMER:

  3. Re: Request for a favor 2

    Hi All

    Follow up... http://aics-research.com/qcshow/support.html give me a
    http 404 error when I clicked on the usage link...

    Wirt... Has anybody done a packet Capture yet on this one for you?

[...]

    This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may
    contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
    disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are
    hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to
    anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you
    have received this message in error, please immediately advise the
    sender by reply email and delete this message.

    DISCLAIMER: