Re: AVR Failure - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: AVR Failure - Hewlett Packard ; 52.0.0 = tape drive 52.1.0 = LDEV 2 (disc drive) 52.2.0 = LDEV 1 (disc drive) 52.3.0 = LDEV 3 (disc drive) So I swapped out the bad drive and put in another ST136475LW as LDEV 3, booted up ok ...

  1. Re: AVR Failure

    52.0.0 = tape drive
    52.1.0 = LDEV 2 (disc drive)
    52.2.0 = LDEV 1 (disc drive)
    52.3.0 = LDEV 3 (disc drive)

    So I swapped out the bad drive and put in another ST136475LW as LDEV 3,
    booted up ok and then I got another AVR error:

    WARNING: VOLUME ON LDEV 3 IS A DUPLICATE OF LDEV 2 (AVR 2)

    Huh? No idea what that means.....

    Any ideas, anyone?

    Brian.

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:17:33 -0400, Brian Donaldson wrote:

    >All:
    >
    >I hope someone can tell me what is wrong.
    >
    >I added a new (refurbished) 36gb disc drive (ST136475LW) to my 917LX.
    >Ode/Mapper sees the disc drive ok and lists it ok.
    >
    >After I did a system re-install at bootup time, the system i/o configuration
    >sees the drive also after which I get the following error:
    >

    >AVR FAILURE ON LDEV 3 STATUS = FFFC0071 #40 (AVR 6)
    >

    >Can you tell me what this AVR failure means?
    >
    >Bad disc drive maybe?
    >

    >Brian.

  2. Re: AVR Failure

    --- On Sat, 9/27/08, Brian Donaldson wrote:

    > So I swapped out the bad drive and put in another
    > ST136475LW as LDEV 3,
    > booted up ok and then I got another AVR error:
    >
    > WARNING: VOLUME ON LDEV 3 IS A DUPLICATE OF LDEV 2 (AVR 2)
    >
    > Huh? No idea what that means.....

    Brian,

    It basically means the drive is not initialized. In volutil, scratch the volume and create a test volume set.

    Reboot and you won't see the message again.

    -Craig