Ram - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Ram - Hewlett Packard ; What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ? Thanks....

  1. Ram

    What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Ram

    "Avelino Tavares" wrote in news:newscache
    $i8pu7k$z6h$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt:

    > What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ?
    > Thanks.

    If you have DDR then you should have matching pairs of modules so that you
    are able to use dual channel functionallity.

    Whatever you should install now will depend on what you already have.

  3. Re: Ram

    Which model of system? DDR2 or DDR memory? Laptop or desktop? How many memory
    slots on the motherboard?

    1*2GB is more expensive than 2*1GB... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:00:15 +0100, "Avelino Tavares"
    wrote:

    >What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ?
    >Thanks.

  4. Re: Ram

    tOn Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:00:15 +0100, "Avelino Tavares"
    wrote:

    >What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ?
    >Thanks.

    Depending on the PC, in most case I would go with 1*2GB so you'd have
    an extra slot for second 2GB in the future.

  5. Re: Ram

    "Impmon" wrote in message
    > tOn Sat, 27 Sep 2008 12:00:15 +0100, "Avelino Tavares"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>What should i install in my pc ? 1*2GB Ram or 2*1GB Ram ?
    >>Thanks.
    >>

    > Depending on the PC, in most case I would go with 1*2GB so you'd have
    > an extra slot for second 2GB in the future.

    ..
    For many PCs, you'd then have to order the second 2GB soon enough
    that exactly the same type was available, so you'd have a matched pair.

    Also, note that the common 32-bit versions of Windows won't actually
    let you use all 4GB; they have to reserve some of their 4 GB address
    space for connecting to things other than RAM memory, such as your
    video card. They can typically actually make use of about 3.5GB,
    though. They let you insert more memory, but won't use any more
    without having you install a 64-bit version of Windows first.

+ Reply to Thread